Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 67's verses Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by tazndevil
    As I was looking through the Ottawa roster, I couldn't help but notice their 3 goalies.

Battochio-- Born in 1985.

Guadagnolo-- Born in 1986.

Spezza-- Born in 1986.

They are carrying a 20 yr old starter with 2 19 year old back ups?

Am I missing something?

When is the last time a team carried 3 goalies that were that old?

Can anyone think of any teams that did this?

Taz
    Matthew Spezza is no Jason... in fact he's average at best and rarely dresses. The 67's acquired him from Kingston because Battochio missed most of the regular season recovering from injury. The 67's needed a backup for Guadagnolo and traded for Spezza from Kingston.

Spezza hasn't dressed at all for the playoffs, and barring injury, you won't see him at the Memorial Cup.
    The OHL Arena & Travel Guide: Featuring some WHL content!
    http://www.ohlarenaguide.com

Quote Originally Posted by thomasincanada
    There are a lot of people out east who don't realize how good Kelowna is for sure and will be in for a surprise. On the other hand, there are also people from out West who are apparently naive enough to think the Rockets just have to show up to win this thing because they won *last year*. After all, the west is so absolutely fantastic and deep it's best team can't possibly lose to anybody from the east where defense isn't played.

Kelowna may win, they are quite the strong team, but they're gonna be playing *much* better teams then they met in last years memorial cup.

Tom
    I am not being naive about the strenght of the eastern teams. I know that you don't get a record like the Knights have with out haveing a great team and system, also that Sydney Crosby can single handed win a game. Where I base may statement is from what I read in the papers and other media from the east that say nothing about the Rockets and the power team that they are. In my opinion the thing that will kill the teams from the east will be taking the Rockets lightly, If they do they will lose.

thomasincanada Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper
    I am not being naive about the strenght of the eastern teams. I know that you don't get a record like the Knights have with out haveing a great team and system, also that Sydney Crosby can single handed win a game. Where I base may statement is from what I read in the papers and other media from the east that say nothing about the Rockets and the power team that they are. In my opinion the thing that will kill the teams from the east will be taking the Rockets lightly, If they do they will lose.
    The media in the east has mostly overlooked the Rockets for sure- especially in the light of the exciting Rimouski / London matchup. London has the great streak and is a pretty big city, and Rimouski has the big star and it's own streak - it's not surprising that they get most of the press, deserved or not.

That being said, I seriously doubt any of the teams and players are overlooking the Rockets. They would be fools to - especially considering they are the defending champs.

Tom

Default Overlook

Overlook who?

Please when you discuss the media in The East or Toronto is has nothing to do with London or the local media here. We are about a 110 Miles west of the GTA and may as well be a Million.

Toronto Media don't even know much about the Knights never mind Kelowna but trust me the local Media have studied The Rockets very well as have the teams.
    There is not a team in this Tournament who is going to surprise anyone with advance scouting and internet now.

The only team who may come under the radar a bit will be Ottawa and they may upset a team or two.( do not take them lightly)

Good luck all and hope to meet some Rocketeers in London.

Simon.

thomasincanada Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar
    Overlook who?

Please when you discuss the media in The East or Toronto is has nothing to do with London or the local media here. We are about a 110 Miles west of the GTA and may as well be a Million.

Good luck all and hope to meet some Rocketeers in London.

Simon.
    I don't know what paper you've been reading. The free press is falling all over themselves talking about how great the knights are. If you believed them you'd think there were no teams other than Rimouski and London in the Mem Cup. Guys like Cressman are already dropping hints about how the knights could be considered the best ever junior team. I love the knights for sure but those guys aren't what I'd call unbiased.

Kelowna gets a small blurb now and then but *very* little coverage.

Tom

mccabe23 Guest

Wouldn't it be something to have a Kelowna/Ottawa final?

rinkrat Guest

Rockets vs 67s would be a dream match up.Is anyone from Kelowna gonna provide tourney reports on here?

Well, you'd expect the LONDON Free Press to talk a lot about the LONDON Knights, wouldn't you?

Simon is right, SW Ontario is ignored by the national media 99% of the time and it's only been the combination of the Knights' season and the absence of the NHL that has caused the national media to notice us.

What's that old saying? "The rest of the country hates Ontario, and the rest of Ontario hates Toronto."
    The OHL Arena & Travel Guide: Featuring some WHL content!
    http://www.ohlarenaguide.com

thomasincanada Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OHLArenaGuide
    Well, you'd expect the LONDON Free Press to talk a lot about the LONDON Knights, wouldn't you?
    I guess it's too much to expect even one free press reporter to be aware of the other teams in the Mem Cup.

I was hoping for some discussion and coverage of Kelowna & Rimouski - players, strengths & weaknesses and such. All I got was many, many knights articles and a few Crosby articles thrown in.

Tom

iamcdn Guest

Coming from a 67's fan and from what I know about Kelowna, I think Kelowna will take it.

That being said I think it will be a good physical game on both sides. I'm guessing the only question for Kelowna is the goaltending, which the backup has seemed to do fine thus far.

Looking for a good clean game, unlike last night in watching the Olympics (both sides).

PS. Jim Cressman is a "knob". Don't take him seriously. Incase you're wondering, I'd rather read Scanlan's articles any day (I'm sure most NHL fans know that name).