Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Year --??

Default New Year --??

Well lets hear the reports on the game tonight.

I thought they came out hard and fast and took control. They had control in the game against Edmonton a few nights ago but lost it in the 2nd and 3rd. I felt they held on and realized what they had. Took advantage of a team that was w/o key players, but that is how it is. Injuries and absentees happen to many teams and you have to cash in on them.

As for Kuvaev -- I hear lots of chat about not playing him, but I am not completely sold on his solid commitment. He does have many great qualities but he has also taken many bad penalties and he has to learn like the others F's that you earn your spot and don't get anything handed to you.

There is still room for improvement and always will be, but the team should built off the positives from this game. Anderson was good, but not perfect and needs to keep up this standard of play. The D'men were good, and showed good PK and showed that they can chip in on the offensive side of the game. The F's showed hustle and grit and never let up. This is what we need -- to keep going even if we are leading by 3 or 4 goals. Score Score Score is the name of the game and shut down the D zone.

Trades I'm sure are looming and that adds pressure to the players -- always has and alway will. Tonight was a good solid effort from the goalies through to the D and up to the forwards. Lets see if it carries through to the next few games. Nothing better than a few winning games under belt.

Winning games comes from within and I think the boys showed some character tonight. They had to win the game for themselves - not for the fans, the coaches or anyone else , but for themselves. Now lets keep it going boys and get a few more under your belt .

PLAY HARD CANES and the wins will come !!!!

Ok I want to start off with im new on here and also as a Hurricane fan. I moved from Calgary in the fall and never really followed the WHL to much but now living in Lethbridge I wanted to go to a Canes game and start supporting them the way I do all myother teams like canucks and riders ect
    So last night was my first game at the enmax center and was great and I bought the home jersey because of the great deal. Ive been to other hitmen and pats games but this was pretty good and it was nice to see the Canes thrash the Broncos. I totally was thinking of getting season tickets next year. Because soon as cheer for a team its with 100% all the way through the thick and thin. With almost being sold out it liked with about 2600 fans there was sweet, there is always things the canes can do better with the game day experience but i dont work for them lol. GO CANES GO!!!

Default really happy for the boys................

you could just tell it was like a weight lifted off their chest with this win..great job canes and keep it going.........................
    GO CANES GO.................

Default Thoughts

Haven't been to a canes game since teddy bear night! Between the holidays and christmas parties the gamedays were full. I watched a the Giants Warriors game in Van while I was out there and I must say the game host, atmosphere, and promotion and intermission entertainment made the Hurricanes efforts seem completely lame. I barely feel like going back to the Enmax after realizing what we as fans are provided. I really feel pained everytime I have to watch Brad Lange as game host. Just saying. I know I am not alone. Sounds like I haven't missed much in the past month or more sadly.
    Cheers everyone! I know we all wish for an entertaing and winning product for our buck. We seldom get either. Happy New Years.

Default tough love !

The biggest adjustment for our Russian player is that just like the NHL if you don't play defense you don't play. Yes, he has great offensive talents and will get his game under way by the end of the second half. From the grapevine I hear he has asked his roommate why he is not getting more ice time and has been told that you need to bust your butt in both ends of the rink. Certainly the difference last night was goal tending good at our end and very suspect in the Broncos end. Not sure what got into Hood's head but he certainly had no love for the opposition last night.To me last night the key was 20 guys on the same page and yes our best players were our best players but no one took a shift off. The will certainly have to be more disciplined in Spokane and Tri-City this weekend.

Default Just a serious suggestion.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Haven't been to a canes game since teddy bear night! Between the holidays and christmas parties the gamedays were full. I watched a the Giants Warriors game in Van while I was out there and I must say the game host, atmosphere, and promotion and intermission entertainment made the Hurricanes efforts seem completely lame. I barely feel like going back to the Enmax after realizing what we as fans are provided. I really feel pained everytime I have to watch Brad Lange as game host. Just saying. I know I am not alone. Sounds like I haven't missed much in the past month or more sadly.
    Cheers everyone! I know we all wish for an entertaing and winning product for our buck. We seldom get either. Happy New Years.
    ...That if you saw great things at the Giants-Warriors game that enhanced the atmosphere and fan game experience, that you pass what you saw and experienced that made it far more entertaining for you as a fan, to the Hurricanes' new Business Manager, who would love to give fans more bang for their buck. I know he would listen!

....Or is it just your dislike of Brad Lang and the fact the Hurricanes are struggling on ice?

I certainly dislike brad Lange...but
    The things I liked were
    A rhino flying onto the ice with the mascot Jack shooting t shirts with a high powered cannon that could reach all areas of the rink. The Rhino machine was doing high speed donuts. Certainly was fun to watch.
    They had a zamboni that was used to haul kids around the ice on during intermission.
    A cheer squad.
    The scoreclock had the video for dancing and kisscams and replays and such. I know it is coming.
    The little kids hockey game was just a third ice event while two other events went on at the same time.
    They had the remote controlled airship but unlike our slowspeed coupon dropper their airship was fast and entertained the crowd with high speed barrel rolls, nose stands, and other stuff. It was like watching air show acrobatics.
    I won't even begin with the quality of mascot. Our 'world's greatest mascot' is a real sleeper compared to theirs.
    That's just some stuff off the top of my head.
    Our highlites are an inflatable dice and a pizza box race.
    Reners never saw the ice very much. Also, Gallagher is so fun to watch. The kids motor never stops.

Ive noticed it as well the atmosphere and gamed day stuff is no where near to what other citys have for their teams. Such as the team coming onto the ice, intermissions, sound system and much much more. The hurricanes do travel and they have to see how great the game day experience is for other fans why wouldnt you want to match that?

I always find it interesting when people compare the game night operations of a small town club like our to those of the big money clubs, particularly those owned by NHL teams or played in NHL arenas.

The wife and I have been season tickets holders for 12 seasons now and we have watched the Hurricanes play in 12 other arenas (Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Medicine Hat, Saskatoon, Cranbrook, Vancouver, Swift Current, Moose Jaw, Prince Albert, Red Deer and Spokane). I can tell you that the clubs with the money are the clubs that can put on the big shows. I know a number of the staff members personally and I can tell you that they would love to give you what you want to see but the budget just isn't there. The fact that attendance has plummeted this season does not help in the least. A couple of them are desperate to bring new things in and to energize the atmosphere but seem to face being held back by money, the Enmax restrictions or in many cases the new business manager.

Our mascot needs a lot of work and we feel it is time they spent some money on an actor with some actual talent. The new score clock will make an immediate difference in the building's atmosphere but it is up to the fans as well to both show up and engage themselves into what is happening in the arena.

Nice work last night Hurricanes. Good luck and keep it up when you head south this week.

One thing they don't do that bugs me is they don't comp tickets to schools. 50 tickets to a different school each game. Parents buy an adult ticket to take their kid to the game and attendance goes up. Parent and child enjoy themselves and come to more games.