Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Attendance figures need to change

I do agree hotdog, but we have had 2 seasons where we have 45-49 wins, also again with another disappointing crowd on Tuesday only about 3500, people have gotta start for the past 3 seasons, we came in first, the year after that we came in second (both in our division), sure we had some weird playoffs rounds against lethbridge and lost out, but the year after that we came back and beat red deer in 4 and took a highly powered brandon team to 6, people have to realize is that we can beat all the elite teams, the sooner will we win a champsionship, but it all rides on the city of saskatoon to support them, come on people, WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    There's no reason for people not to go to the games, the team is in 1st place in the WHOLE league. Who cares if u gotta drive 20 minutes to the game, I drive 25 minutes to the game and 25 minutes back home, not a big deal and the ticket prices, wow 18 dollars isn't that much, least ur not paying 60-100 bucks to watch a bunch of AHLer's in what is supposed to be a NHL pre-season game.

Show ur support Saskatoon.
    The distance is definitely not a problem but 18 dollars is not cheap, especially for a 19 year old kid going to uni only able to work 2 times a week. The only reason I have been to so many games this year (12 or 13) is because my uncle gives me his season tickets because he is to busy to make a lot of games.

I do my part as far as attending games go. Attendance issue doesn't bother me and I don't spend much time thinking about it.

I live in the north end so driving out to the games is no big deal but if the attendance is 6000 then there is probably 5500 cars in the parking lot. (Because everybody in this city loves driving) and it's nightmare to get out of. It's one of the worst buildings logistically to get out of with a whole two exits one of which forces you to cross a major highway.

The Blades are a casual form of entertainment for people in this city. I know plenty of people that go to one or two games a year.

Plus Saskatoonians are the most non-committal people around. Everything has to be last minute. I once had a UFC party at my place with food and everything and it was like pulling teeth to get people to commit to coming. (And they're UFC fans)

When playoff time comes and the buzz gets out there lots of people will be at the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Clark View Post
    I live in the north end so driving out to the games is no big deal but if the attendance is 6000 then there is probably 5500 cars in the parking lot. (Because everybody in this city loves driving) and it's nightmare to get out of. It's one of the worst buildings logistically to get out of with a whole two exits one of which forces you to cross a major highway.
    this ^^^^ totally true.

Plus Saskatoonians are the most non-committal people around. Everything has to be last minute. I once had a UFC party at my place with food and everything and it was like pulling teeth to get people to commit to coming. (And they're UFC fans)
    again totally true. and who are these friends of yours? do they need a shot in the junk? somebody tells me free and stuff i'm all over that, don't have to ask me twice.

When playoff time comes and the buzz gets out there lots of people will be at the games.
    someone else compared the possibility of schenn in saskatoon to eberle in regina. that's fair, except the blades are actually going to be in the playoffs.

Yeah my friends can be jackasses at times.

To add to this. I think the Star Phoenix does it's part regarding the Blades. I see plenty of articles about the Blades on the front page of the Sports section.

Blades could do a better job on the radio and tv. It's not enough to have a good hockey team anymore. You've got to have hype and buzz.

It's a little different but the U-20 World Juniors is an example of this. TSN has done such a good job hyping this tournament that people actually cry when Canada loses and in the end it's a nothing tournament no more important then the U-17 or U-18 juniors and almost nobody cares about those.

Yeah my friends can be jackasses at times.

To add to this. I think the Star Phoenix does it's part regarding the Blades. I see plenty of articles about the Blades on the front page of the Sports section.

Blades could do a better job on the radio and tv. It's not enough to have a good hockey team anymore. You've got to have hype and buzz.

It's a little different but the U-20 World Juniors is an example of this. TSN has done such a good job hyping this tournament that people actually cry when Canada loses and in the end it's a nothing tournament no more important then the U-17 or U-18 juniors and almost nobody cares about those.
    I can also agree that the SP does it's part. I see the blades on the front page more than once a week, sometimes even almost everyday.

As for attendance, I do think its pretty bad when Stoon has a way bigger population than PA and a much better, competitive team yet the only get maybe twice as many people to the games. Weird..
    WHATEVER IT TAKES

GO RAIDERS GO

If you would like a banner similar to mine, let me know.

I just pray and hope, there is a big crowd on tuesday night against red deer, but just pretty much all the home games, nobody really cares and we will get the normal 4000 to 4500 base, I just hope people open there eyes and see that this could be one of the biggest games in there history of the blades, reason being, they have not come in first in the conference for a while, looks like first in the division is a given (maybe) and it would put us one step closer to having the best overall record, which could be huge come playoffs if we make it to the finals....

Heres a site that displays attendance for various leagues:

http://www.mib.org/~lennier/hockey/att.cgi

How does a city of Red Deer's size that has had multiple losing years still have a higher attendance rating than Saskatoon?

I have numerious of friends that feel there too cool for Blades hockey so maybe that is it, or the fact that the arena is outside of the city pretty much, or also there is only buses going to the game from downtown who really knows, all i know is it's discusting what else are people going to do twitter facebook watch movies like come on !

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelsfan13 View Post
    Heres a site that displays attendance for various leagues:

http://www.mib.org/~lennier/hockey/att.cgi

How does a city of Red Deer's size that has had multiple losing years still have a higher attendance rating than Saskatoon?
    Also i had no idea that we would be ahead of Regina im so use to them getting better turnouts