Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raider Scenarios

Iconcup Raider Scenarios

According to a number of sources and scouts that I've talked to the last 48 hrs, the RUMOR mill is:

PA won't be doing a whole lot before the trade deadline. Bruno thinks less is more, plus other teams don't think he has much to offer as a buyer. He has tried some trades but players are refusing to report (what a surprise). Plus, with Brandon trading Schenn, Bruno thinks that might allow PA to squeeze into the playoffs and save his job.

I've also heard that unofficially, Bruno is no longer the coach and in fact has turned it over to Young. Bruno is basically concentrating on destroying the team as GM.

Also rumored, as of right now there are three main contenders for Braydon Schenn. Blades, Americans and Ice. The Ice has offered a kings ransom including the extra 1st rounder from Vancouver, a bunch of other draft picks and prospects, totaling 10 in total! Kelly is waiting to see what else he can get and won't give final answer until the last possible minute.
    Last edited by Raider Believer; 01-08-2011 at 07:37 PM. Reason: grammar and spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Raider Believer View Post
    According to a number of sources and scouts that I've talked to the last 48 hrs, the RUMOR mill is:

PA won't be doing a whole lot before the trade deadline. Bruno thinks less is more, plus other teams don't think he has much to offer as a buyer. He has tried some trades but players are refusing to report (what a surprise). Plus, with Brandon trading Schenn, Bruno thinks that might allow PA to squeeze into the playoffs and save his job.

I've also heard that unofficially, Bruno is no longer the coach and in fact has turned it over to Young. Bruno is basically concentrating on destroying the team as GM.

Also rumored, as of right nowk there are three main contenders for Braydon Schenn. Blades, Americans and Ice. The Ice has offered a kings ransom including the extra 1st rounder from Vancouver a bunch of other draft picks and a bunch of prospects, totalling over 10 bodies and picks in total! Kelly is waiting to see what else he can get and won't give final answer until the last possible minute.
    10 bodies? Hello Overpayment......

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

10 bodies schenn isnt going to make them that good

Default RB

Raider Believer,

You seem knowledgeable, (and claim not to be O'brien) so, what would you do with this team? Anholt wasn't the answer, Clarke wasn't the answer, O'brien's picks weren't the answers, so if you were the new GM or coach what would your plan be.

I have said it on here a few times that I like what Campese has brought to the organization as far as a plan, although I may not agree with all his coaching decisions I think he has brought the club in the right direction for the future from the manager side of things. Now, you disagree and that's fair, but what would you do different.

Again, Clarke and Anholt weren't the answers, so what will another new GM and Coach do different?
    ________
    HAWAIIAN RECIPES
    Last edited by bigjimmer; 04-14-2011 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GBG BLEED BLUE View Post
    10 bodies? Hello Overpayment......
    Not overpayment when you see what the hawks had to give up for Cunningham. Whoever gets Schenn gets the best player in the league, he's worth a kings ransom just to ensure he doesn't go to a rival contender
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Iconcup

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Not overpayment when you see what the hawks had to give up for Cunningham. Whoever gets Schenn gets the best player in the league, he's worth a kings ransom just to ensure he doesn't go to a rival contender
    For every round that a team gets to in the playoffs, they can count on it being worth between $350,000 to $500,000 minimum to them, so sometimes paying dearly is worth it financially. Teams that have deep player lists therefore have the potential to make deals like this and are at a financial advantage. Therefore it is worth developing and paying for cadillac scouting programs because they will more than pay for themselves with potential deeper playoff runs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjimmer View Post
    Raider Believer,

You seem knowledgeable, (and claim not to be O'brien) so, what would you do with this team? Anholt wasn't the answer, Clarke wasn't the answer, O'brien's picks weren't the answers, so if you were the new GM or coach what would your plan be.

I have said it on here a few times that I like what Campese has brought to the organization as far as a plan, although I may not agree with all his coaching decisions I think he has brought the club in the right direction for the future from the manager side of things. Now, you disagree and that's fair, but what would you do different.

Again, Clarke and Anholt weren't the answers, so what will another new GM and Coach do different?
    Jimmer, the first thing I'd do is deal with a basic reality, that being, that given a choice, PA would not be first, second or even 22nd choice for most players. So to attract and keep players, I would create a culture of respect. Respect for the players and respect for the fans. The players need to feel that they can trust what the coaches tell them, not just the promises before they arrive, but after they get here. They need to be treated like gold. Today's players, unlike in years past, have options (check out today's news on the Flame's former prospect JD Watts). They don't need to be yelled at, ridiculed and have their confidence eroded by a bad tempered ego maniac. I think that Bruno does have some strengths as a manager. Unfortunately, he's created a poisonous atmosphere in the organization which out weighs the good he has, can and might do, and so he needs to go, as does the whole coaching staff, who have been contaminated. City council, which bails out the team financially when necessary, needs to ask the BOD to resign in a systematic way and be replaced by proactive hockey people. There also needs to be a much bigger first Nations presence on the BOD and on the team, not forgetting that half the fans are potential first Nations people. The Raider scouting staff needs to be improved by a wide margin. There's still some residual dinosaurs from O'brien and past regimes that are having too much input, the 2008 draft was still largely O’brien’s responsibility and he picked up gems like Beau Stewart and Brock Balson with his 2nd and 3rd picks. When it comes to drafting every effort should be made to draft Saskatchewan kids for a whole lot of reasons, ease of signing, attendance etc. I would probably shy away from drafting BC players. I'd be giving hard cards to 20 players before Christmas and effectively using APs to round out the roster. After Christmas and heading into the playoff stretch I'd firm up the roster with some extra bodies. Healthy scratches cause morale problems on the team. I wouldn't be using one player to take up a 20 yo spot and import spot. I wouldn't expect my 16 and 17 yo players to be fighters, I'd want them to develop and not worry about being pounded about by some idiot 19 year old. Every kid 12 and under would get in free to games and students 12 - 18 for half price. I'd want the Raiders to be synonymous with family entertainment and fun, creating generational fans. I'd get rid of the ridiculous notion that young players shouldn't handle the puck in the offensive zone until they've played 100 games. They need to develop and gain confidence, play them with players who can help them develop. I'd fire the moronic trainer who has them on a regiment of lifting heavy weights for an hour, right up to 45 minutes before our home games, each and every game, it’s a wonder they have any energy left for the actual games! I'd make it a requirement that every player on the team had to take at least one college or university course by correspondence or online each semester, fully paid for by the team, and I'd have a support network put in place to make sure the players had academic success. I'd have a much tighter relationship with the Mintos, including having them practice at least twice a month with the team and as much as possible AP from their roster. Rather than putting up road blocks for the press, I'd be coaching and supporting the players on how to do appropriate interviews. I wouldn't be keeping forwards who have a total of 3 points or less after 40 games. As for what I'd do immediately. I'd trade Tucker and all but two or three 19 year olds that I'd want for next year. I'd try for prospects (94s and 95s), with size, with emphasis on the back end, I believe teams are built from the net out. I like Williams and the 95 goalie we have Phaneuf (sp?) for the future. Those are a few ideas Jimmer. So fair is fair, what would you do?

Default now the BOD need to read that!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raider Believer View Post
    Jimmer, the first thing I'd do is deal with a basic reality, that being, that given a choice, PA would not be first, second or even 22nd choice for most players. So to attract and keep players, I would create a culture of respect. Respect for the players and respect for the fans. The players need to feel that they can trust what the coaches tell them, not just the promises before they arrive, but after they get here. They need to be treated like gold. Today's players, unlike in years past, have options (check out today's news on the Flame's former prospect JD Watts). They don't need to be yelled at, ridiculed and have their confidence eroded by a bad tempered ego maniac. I think that Bruno does have some strengths as a manager. Unfortunately, he's created a poisonous atmosphere in the organization which out weighs the good he has, can and might do, and so he needs to go, as does the whole coaching staff, who have been contaminated. City council, which bails out the team financially when necessary, needs to ask the BOD to resign in a systematic way and be replaced by proactive hockey people. There also needs to be a much bigger first Nations presence on the BOD and on the team, not forgetting that half the fans are potential first Nations people. The Raider scouting staff needs to be improved by a wide margin. There's still some residual dinosaurs from O'brien and past regimes that are having too much input, the 2008 draft was still largely O’brien’s responsibility and he picked up gems like Beau Stewart and Brock Balson with his 2nd and 3rd picks. When it comes to drafting every effort should be made to draft Saskatchewan kids for a whole lot of reasons, ease of signing, attendance etc. I would probably shy away from drafting BC players. I'd be giving hard cards to 20 players before Christmas and effectively using APs to round out the roster. After Christmas and heading into the playoff stretch I'd firm up the roster with some extra bodies. Healthy scratches cause morale problems on the team. I wouldn't be using one player to take up a 20 yo spot and import spot. I wouldn't expect my 16 and 17 yo players to be fighters, I'd want them to develop and not worry about being pounded about by some idiot 19 year old. Every kid 12 and under would get in free to games and students 12 - 18 for half price. I'd want the Raiders to be synonymous with family entertainment and fun, creating generational fans. I'd get rid of the ridiculous notion that young players shouldn't handle the puck in the offensive zone until they've played 100 games. They need to develop and gain confidence, play them with players who can help them develop. I'd fire the moronic trainer who has them on a regiment of lifting heavy weights for an hour, right up to 45 minutes before our home games, each and every game, it’s a wonder they have any energy left for the actual games! I'd make it a requirement that every player on the team had to take at least one college or university course by correspondence or online each semester, fully paid for by the team, and I'd have a support network put in place to make sure the players had academic success. I'd have a much tighter relationship with the Mintos, including having them practice at least twice a month with the team and as much as possible AP from their roster. Rather than putting up road blocks for the press, I'd be coaching and supporting the players on how to do appropriate interviews. I wouldn't be keeping forwards who have a total of 3 points or less after 40 games. As for what I'd do immediately. I'd trade Tucker and all but two or three 19 year olds that I'd want for next year. I'd try for prospects (94s and 95s), with size, with emphasis on the back end, I believe teams are built from the net out. I like Williams and the 95 goalie we have Phaneuf (sp?) for the future. Those are a few ideas Jimmer. So fair is fair, what would you do?
    now that's called "laying it all out" dont think to many can disagree with that!!

i think if your going to put out a post like this involving attacking certain ppl you should have to put your name and source behind and stop hiding behind "raider believer"

QUOTE=Raider Believer;160478]Jimmer, the first thing I'd do is deal with a basic reality, that being, that given a choice, PA would not be first, second or even 22nd choice for most players. So to attract and keep players, I would create a culture of respect. Respect for the players and respect for the fans. The players need to feel that they can trust what the coaches tell them, not just the promises before they arrive, but after they get here. They need to be treated like gold. Today's players, unlike in years past, have options (check out today's news on the Flame's former prospect JD Watts). They don't need to be yelled at, ridiculed and have their confidence eroded by a bad tempered ego maniac. I think that Bruno does have some strengths as a manager. Unfortunately, he's created a poisonous atmosphere in the organization which out weighs the good he has, can and might do, and so he needs to go, as does the whole coaching staff, who have been contaminated. City council, which bails out the team financially when necessary, needs to ask the BOD to resign in a systematic way and be replaced by proactive hockey people. There also needs to be a much bigger first Nations presence on the BOD and on the team, not forgetting that half the fans are potential first Nations people. The Raider scouting staff needs to be improved by a wide margin. There's still some residual dinosaurs from O'brien and past regimes that are having too much input, the 2008 draft was still largely O’brien’s responsibility and he picked up gems like Beau Stewart and Brock Balson with his 2nd and 3rd picks. When it comes to drafting every effort should be made to draft Saskatchewan kids for a whole lot of reasons, ease of signing, attendance etc. I would probably shy away from drafting BC players. I'd be giving hard cards to 20 players before Christmas and effectively using APs to round out the roster. After Christmas and heading into the playoff stretch I'd firm up the roster with some extra bodies. Healthy scratches cause morale problems on the team. I wouldn't be using one player to take up a 20 yo spot and import spot. I wouldn't expect my 16 and 17 yo players to be fighters, I'd want them to develop and not worry about being pounded about by some idiot 19 year old. Every kid 12 and under would get in free to games and students 12 - 18 for half price. I'd want the Raiders to be synonymous with family entertainment and fun, creating generational fans. I'd get rid of the ridiculous notion that young players shouldn't handle the puck in the offensive zone until they've played 100 games. They need to develop and gain confidence, play them with players who can help them develop. I'd fire the moronic trainer who has them on a regiment of lifting heavy weights for an hour, right up to 45 minutes before our home games, each and every game, it’s a wonder they have any energy left for the actual games! I'd make it a requirement that every player on the team had to take at least one college or university course by correspondence or online each semester, fully paid for by the team, and I'd have a support network put in place to make sure the players had academic success. I'd have a much tighter relationship with the Mintos, including having them practice at least twice a month with the team and as much as possible AP from their roster. Rather than putting up road blocks for the press, I'd be coaching and supporting the players on how to do appropriate interviews. I wouldn't be keeping forwards who have a total of 3 points or less after 40 games. As for what I'd do immediately. I'd trade Tucker and all but two or three 19 year olds that I'd want for next year. I'd try for prospects (94s and 95s), with size, with emphasis on the back end, I believe teams are built from the net out. I like Williams and the 95 goalie we have Phaneuf (sp?) for the future. Those are a few ideas Jimmer. So fair is fair, what would you do?[/QUOTE]

Iconcup

[QUOTE=westbeach55;160483]i think if your going to put out a post like this involving attacking certain ppl you should have to put your name and source behind and stop hiding behind "raider believer"

Hey, I was asked what I would do differently. This is a hockey forum. Grow up. Obviously some of my points are hitting a little too close to home for you. Plus the vast majority of this posting was about positive changes.