Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Schenn has been traded to Saskatoon! Details to come

Quote Originally Posted by mjw22 View Post
    MooseJaw Medicine Hat or Red Deer ktn stoon arent that far ahead look at the stats and every year theres the 1st round upsets. better coaching and we knock Cal out last year
    They aren't that far ahead in the standings now, but with Eakin in KTN and Schenn(reportedly) in SSK, they will be, barring those teams making a big splash.

Maybe McCrimmons strategy should be to trade as many 19s to as many conference teams as possible and weaken everybody for next year hah.

Quote Originally Posted by Allin44 View Post
    They aren't that far ahead in the standings now, but with Eakin in KTN and Schenn(reportedly) in SSK, they will be, barring those teams making a big splash.

Maybe McCrimmons strategy should be to trade as many 19s to as many conference teams as possible and weaken everybody for next year hah.
    LOL! I like that.
    (as long as they don't do it)

at these prices dont think theres many fools left lol

at these prices dont think theres many fools left lol
    I'm still not really convinced that the package KTN gave up was absurd. It looks like a quantity over quality type of deal.

Last year we gave up a 1st and 2nd in last years draft, and a 2nd in this years, along with Ehrhardt for Hamonic.

From just what I've seen and read on the players that were traded to SC, it was sort of a "just take as many as we can get and hope one of them is good" kind of deal.

how did that trade work for ya lol sure works for us if top picks pan out . 1st rounders are about 50/50 on developing into stars . look through whl guide at 1st rounders

how did that trade work for ya lol sure works for us if top picks pan out . 1st rounders are about 50/50 on developing into stars . look through whl guide at 1st rounders
    Meh, Brandon has a good history of drafting well in later rounds(and not well in the top 2, with exceptions of course). You know over the long term you are going to lose those trades, but it was made with the need for last year. It worked out well for us in that Hamonic helped a lot, but unfortunately he didn't know how to play goal.

edit: we also had a very deep prospect pool.
    Last edited by Allin44; 01-10-2011 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allin44 View Post
    Meh, Brandon has a good history of drafting well in later rounds(and not well in the top 2, with exceptions of course). You know over the long term you are going to lose those trades, but it was made with the need for last year. It worked out well for us in that Hamonic helped a lot, but unfortunately he didn't know how to play goal.
    lol anytime K.M.s team loses its a good day

lol anytime K.M.s team loses its a good day
    I'd say the same about your GM/Team but you have been so irrelevant the past 4 or 5 years I couldn't even name your GM

lol not your team just your gm and i dont think wk will be relevent any time soon lol this is stoon page the team thats been around longer than us and hasnt won a cup so ill go & let them have their schenn day IF they really got him .
    Last edited by mjw22; 01-10-2011 at 01:41 AM.

lol Brayden Schenn wont be able to wear his normal number 10 here as it is retired by brian skrudland i believe thats gonna be a bit of an adujustment for him