Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Schenn TRADE CONFIRMED

Default Schenn TRADE CONFIRMED

Saskatoon, SK – Head Coach and General Manager, Lorne Molleken announced today that The Saskatoon Blades Hockey Club have made a trade with the Brandon Wheat Kings to acquire centre, Brayden Schenn and a 2012 3rd Round Draft Pick. In exchange the Blades have given up four draft picks: 1st Round in 2011, 2nd Round in 2011, 1st Round in 2012 and 1st Round in 2012 Import Draft. The Blades also included in the trade two prospects: Ayrton Nikkel (Pursuit of Excellence M-AAA) and Tim McGauley (Regina M-AAA)

really!!!

wow, I had no idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Backhand View Post
    Saskatoon, SK – Head Coach and General Manager, Lorne Molleken announced today that The Saskatoon Blades Hockey Club have made a trade with the Brandon Wheat Kings to acquire centre, Brayden Schenn and a 2012 3rd Round Draft Pick. In exchange the Blades have given up four draft picks: 1st Round in 2011, 2nd Round in 2011, 1st Round in 2012 and 1st Round in 2012 Import Draft. The Blades also included in the trade two prospects: Ayrton Nikkel (Pursuit of Excellence M-AAA) and Tim McGauley (Regina M-AAA)
    wow lorne sold the farm he better win mem cup Km laughing all the way to draft table basically 3 1sts 2 2nds & 1st import wow

how did he basically sell the farm? look at the 1rsts there basically a top 2nd round choice as they will be like 22nd overalls? i dont understand what your talking about the blades have i think one of the youngest rosters if not the youngest in the league. the import draft is dumb anyways. you can only have 2 euros on your team at a time.. so he didnt really.. shows that we actually care about winning here.

It's a big price but it doesn't really bite the Blades next couple of years.

Plus there is no reason the Blades can't do what Brandon did and deal off 19 year old for picks in the next couple years if they need to.

I think fans of both teams can be happy with this. Hopefully, the Blades can win a championship this year. Banners hang forever.

Its alot! So it like 1st rounders in '10, '11, '12 and 2nd's in '10 & '11 are gone. The import pick prob doesnt matter cuz stransky's here for a few years & will find another this coming import draft. I like this deal if Nikkel wasnt included. Brandon basically got everything back that they traded away for Hamonic plus our last year's 2 picks!

If Saskatoon can turn this trade into a Memorial Cup then (with their current cup history) then good for them. Otherwise this is a great deal for Brandon. I have never seen such a heavy price tag at the deadline for one year players than I have this year. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelsfan13 View Post
    If Saskatoon can turn this trade into a Memorial Cup then (with their current cup history) then good for them. Otherwise this is a great deal for Brandon. I have never seen such a heavy price tag at the deadline for one year players than I have this year. Wow.
    Half year.

Blades have another 2nd rounder through that Inglis trade at the start off the year. Basically just losing their 1st rounder here I like it one off the youngest teams all ready. Schenn gives them the game breaker they need.

Quote Originally Posted by fro14 View Post
    how did he basically sell the farm? look at the 1rsts there basically a top 2nd round choice as they will be like 22nd overalls?
    If you are only looking at the draft picks they give up yes, but they also gave up their top two picks, and arguably their two hottest 15 year old prospects that could very well end up as impact players themselves.