Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Schenn TRADE CONFIRMED

Wow! That is so so so much to give up for one guy. For that price, I thought Glennie might be possible as well. But we need to make a run and I don't think we will have a better team or a better guy than Schenn to do it.
    GO Blades! The time is now.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdog-pocket View Post
    Hamilton-Schenn-XX
    Collins-Viedensky-Nicholls
    Z-Benson-Trask
    Elliott/Sutter-Olsen-Bews

That XX could be another winger, I wouldn't be shocked if Lorne added another winger.
    I hope its Bubnick and that Mackenzie kid on d. Bubnick and Schenn have instant chemistry they played together in minor hockey grew up together on the same street would be kinda cool to see. Bubnick makes sense to with the fact he won it last year and his mem cup play would only be a bonus to a team that usually dissapoints the fans come years end

Trade was just mentioned on Sportscenter. Woop woop!

Quote Originally Posted by mat01800 View Post
    I hope its Bubnick and that Mackenzie kid on d. Bubnick and Schenn have instant chemistry they played together in minor hockey grew up together on the same street would be kinda cool to see. Bubnick makes sense to with the fact he won it last year and his mem cup play would only be a bonus to a team that usually dissapoints the fans come years end
    Sounds like Mackenzie has been traded to Tri City

Quote Originally Posted by hotdog-pocket View Post
    Sounds like Mackenzie has been traded to Tri City
    Yea I seen that too. Report out of Calgary seems to think that anyways.

Good for Lorne to pull the trigger on this deal, and good for the entire city of Saskatoon to welcome a hometown hero.

To make a trade of this magnitude without giving up a single roster player, you have to include the players that Lorne included.

Looking at revenue alone this deal could be an incredible boost to the teams budget, especially with a potential deep drive into the playoffs.

You have 2/3 of Team Canada's top line at the World Juniors. You're suddenly comparable, if not beyond, the Neiderreiter/Johansen tandem in Portland.

Will be an exciting March/April/May at the Credit Union Centre. Enjoy it!!

So what is the ETA on Schenn's first home game? Will he be good to go Saturday against Swift Current or do we have to wait until the 22nd against Calgary?

I don't think they'll rush that shoulder of his. Probably play in a couple of weeks.

Luckily the Blades have a week off after this stretch of four games in five days and I bet he plays the 22nd against Calgary here in Saskatoon!!

Nice. I will definitely be at CUC this weekend and next weekend.