In the middle of their 7 game road trip, the Hitmen played 3 games this past week and came up short in all 3. Actually, they beat badly in 2 of the 3 games. They lost 5-0 in Saskatoon, 3-2 in Swift Current and 9-2 in Brandon. That Brandon result is one where the Hitmen really have to look at what is going on. Sure the Brandon is ahead of the Hitmen in the standings but the Hitmen really didn't show up to play and that has to be a major concern.

With the trade deadline on Monday, Hitmen fans are wondering what kind of offers Kelly Kisio is receiving. The Hitmen clearly need upgrades in all 3 positions. They can't score goals, the blue line is really young (likely to get younger, will explain more below) and the Hitmen have played 3 different goalies this year and none of the 3 have stood up and taken control to be a #1.

I have the feeling that Kisio will trade or be trying to trade the following players before Monday's deadline: Matt MacKenzie, Jimmy Bubnick and Kris Foucault. There of course could be others dealt but those are the 3 that I think will draw the most interest. Michael Snider could be a good insurance policy for a team looking to go deep into the playoffs. If Snider is not moved, I expect Holly to get released and end up back in Europe. He hasn't had much playing time since Glover was picked up.

MacKenzie and Bubnick should be able to get the Hitmen a good return based on a couple of the other trades that have happened. Bubnick might get moved after Schenn, if Schenn is traded, because he is likely to be plan B for a GM who miss out on Schenn. The one problem is, will some of the teams near the top of the standings make any moves? Jesse Wallin of the Rebels said earlier this week that if the price stays as high as it is, his team will be very quiet because they will not pay that high price.