Thread: deadline deals

Thumbs down deadline deals

thought we may have gotten glennie so hope svendson comtinues pt a game pace . worried that they are sticking with stone . he's going to have to step up his game or Heemskirk will be burnt out by the playoffs . most games he's played is 50 inc playoffs so we need some quality games out of stone.

Default Stone

I notice you have talked a lot about stone on here but I really don't know why. I mean the kid is 17 and sits on the bench most of the time. To me he is a non factor right now and why think of heemskirk goin down? I personally give the kid some credit because heading into camp he knew it was going to be near impossible to make the team but he stuck with it and glover got greedy and went home! I would much rather have a guy like that than a glover who thought he should have been our starter! Maybe the kid won't turn out to be a number one goalie in this league but I just don't like coming on here and listening to you say how something should have been done with him. When the time comes the time comes but you are a year early.

Default stone

Quote Originally Posted by TheMysteryMan View Post
    I notice you have talked a lot about stone on here but I really don't know why. I mean the kid is 17 and sits on the bench most of the time. To me he is a non factor right now and why think of heemskirk goin down? I personally give the kid some credit because heading into camp he knew it was going to be near impossible to make the team but he stuck with it and glover got greedy and went home! I would much rather have a guy like that than a glover who thought he should have been our starter! Maybe the kid won't turn out to be a number one goalie in this league but I just don't like coming on here and listening to you say how something should have been done with him. When the time comes the time comes but you are a year early.
    my concerns are wins . i didnt say anything about Heemskirk going down i said we could burn him out . look around the league stone has some of the worst numbers as a back up . with the top 5 so close in pts cant afford to throw any away . hes played in 8 games won 3 lost 2 pulled in 3 after 1st period which turned into losses . he just looks like a kid who had a good camp but now doesnt look like whl goalie . not just my opinion have 3 rows on west side say same thing . glover was way over rated and it went to his head. i thought we might make a move for an 18-19 goalie to back up this year and start next .