Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: the rest of the season

Default the rest of the season

now what?

sounds like schenn's first game will be jan 22. i think his addition will most help the powerplay, and how other teams defend against it.

i hope schenn can take a lot of the negative stuff i've read about his heart, desire, and leadership, turn them around and show what he is capable of. i hope his shoulder injury doesn't stop him from showing what he can do.

getting the powerplay working and playing for a full game are the two biggest things. too many games lately saskatoon has played at their best for only one or two periods.

if the playoffs started today the blades would play prince albert. wouldn't that be nice to see the rivalry mean something again.

where has his heart, desire and leadership been questioned?

the guy played the world juniors with a dislocated shoulder and last season led his team to the mem cup finals.

who has ever questioned his desire or any of those other things?

i would like to know too???

By the idiots on that other board.

Figgin guy plays with a bad shoulder and is the leading scorer for team Canada has 2 points in the final game and people question his heart? Screw off

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    By the idiots on that other board.

Figgin guy plays with a bad shoulder and is the leading scorer for team Canada has 2 points in the final game and people question his heart? Screw off
    the 'other' board had a lot of it. also a blog or two that didn't full out blast away like the venom over there, but was still not terribly flattering.

i have to say great job to the blades ownership and management for going out and acquiring the best player available.

I think the line combinations should look like this when Schenn comes back:

Collins Viedensky Nicholls
    Hamilton Schenn Trask
    Dzuirynski Benson Stransky
    A. Elliott Sutter Olsen

Any thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by BladesFan_2010 View Post
    I think the line combinations should look like this when Schenn comes back:

Collins Viedensky Nicholls
    Hamilton Schenn Trask
    Dzuirynski Benson Stransky
    A. Elliott Sutter Olsen

Any thoughts??
    Hamilton Schenn Dziurzynski
    Nicholls Viedensky Collins
    Trask Benson Sutter
    Stransky Olsen Elliott/Bews

Olsen wont play the wing he has always been a centermen Sutter is versitile he can play both wing and center

Hamilton and Schenn together no doubt on that Dziurzynski will add speed toughness to that line as well Nicholls Viedensky Collins have chemistry they all played together during Hamiltons absence Trask and Benson are use to each other now and Sutter adds great grit to that line

Anyone that criticizes Schenn needs their head examined. Schenn is the best player in the league, getting him while costly was the rite thing to do.

I think Molleken will find a way to get some of the picks back after the season,

Yep anyone who knocks him does not know anything about hockey, or they are just mad that he is playing for the Blades now. Hehe

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

The biggest question I have about the rest of the season is will Brayden Schenn's arrival cause a spike in attendance? I hate to say it, but I am one that will probably follow the Blades closer and attend more games as a result. I live in Lloydminster, so it does depend on how often I hit Saskatoon, but I already have my pair for the 22nd against Calgary.

I figure that that game will see attendance around the 7-8,000 mark. I just hope the Blades play up his opening game. They need some large ads in the Star-Phoenix, on billboards and on buses. I think if people came out and saw the quality of hockey they play (in general, the one game I saw thus far this year they got shelled in Regina), they will come out more often. Plus, I fully expect that Brayden Schenn will likely be the best NHLer to come out of the Blades program (and yes I realize that the partial season here makes that statement a stretch).

As a LA Kings fan, I am also pleased that a highly touted Kings' prospect is finally in my own backyard so to speak.