Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: the rest of the season

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    Check and mate
    Hey! That's my line!
    FWHL: http://fwhlhockey.proboards.com/index.cgi?

WHL fantasy league! Looking for members!

follow me on twitter: @PADJJeff

Crowd was very disappointing tonight, mid week game or not.

Especially after over 5000 showed up last night despite -45 temperatures.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdog-pocket View Post
    Crowd was very disappointing tonight, mid week game or not.

Especially after over 5000 showed up last night despite -45 temperatures.
    agreed but we all know that they will probably not show up until late rounds of the playoffs or a game 7.

Sad to say the least. All the Blades can do is play hockey and win hockey games.

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

And I thought Americans don't support hockey like we do here.

The Blades will never again get solid fan support from this city. If the rink were downtown, you likely would see a significantly higher average attendance, but I digress.... I still remember the good old days lining up for hours and hours on end for the chance to buy the hottest ticket in town and be one of the 3,704 maniacs at the old barn. If the rink held 10,000 back then it likely would have been full most nights AND rocking each night.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blade View Post
    The Blades will never again get solid fan support from this city. If the rink were downtown, you likely would see a significantly higher average attendance, but I digress.... I still remember the good old days lining up for hours and hours on end for the chance to buy the hottest ticket in town and be one of the 3,704 maniacs at the old barn. If the rink held 10,000 back then it likely would have been full most nights AND rocking each night.
    I think att problem in Stoon & WHL in general is a result of the style of hockey we see in NHL . It filters down to the junior ranks producing at times boring hockey with little or no offensive imagination. The casual fan sees this as something they don't want to come see on a regular basis.This year the dub will have 1- 50 goal scorer and maybe 2 - 100 pt players sad sad for a league with so much talent. Stoon with schenn & rest of offensive players imagine the game if they were allowed to use their imagination & skill and open it up .Coaching is killing the game too many systems traps etc until that changes the fan base will remain the same. Doug Gilmour coaches Kingston said on Bob McCowan's show he wants his team to play to win 6-3 not 2-1 that's what hockey needs.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Quote Originally Posted by mjw22 View Post
    I think att problem in Stoon & WHL in general is a result of the style of hockey we see in NHL . It filters down to the junior ranks producing at times boring hockey with little or no offensive imagination. The casual fan sees this as something they don't want to come see on a regular basis.This year the dub will have 1- 50 goal scorer and maybe 2 - 100 pt players sad sad for a league with so much talent. Stoon with schenn & rest of offensive players imagine the game if they were allowed to use their imagination & skill and open it up .Coaching is killing the game too many systems traps etc until that changes the fan base will remain the same. Doug Gilmour coaches Kingston said on Bob McCowan's show he wants his team to play to win 6-3 not 2-1 that's what hockey needs.
    In addition, the legislating players to keep their helmets and visors on when scrapping deters fighting, and lets be honest, 95% of fans love a fair fight. The trap, the fighting deterent, it certainly cuts down on the entertainment value for the casual fan
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I prefer the old soviet style if hockey...speed and scoring, the defense first style of hockey is brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    I prefer the old soviet style if hockey...speed and scoring, the defense first style of hockey is brutal.
    In 06 when we had Brower Boyd Jones etc Young just let them run n gun . The best hockey I had seen since the 80's. Coaches now coach too keep their jobs. I heard an NHL analyst say if you want to improve hockey fire the coaches.lol It comes down to the owners if they want to increase attendance / revenue open up the game.
    Last edited by mjw22; 02-03-2011 at 02:37 PM.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Quote Originally Posted by mjw22 View Post
    In 06 when we had Brower Boyd Jones etc Young just let them run n gun . The best hockey I had seen since the 80's. Coaches now coach too keep their jobs. I heard an NHL analyst say if you want to improve hockey fire the coaches.lol It comes down to the owners if they want to increase attendance / revenue open up the game.
    Howden runs and guns right over our WK's!!!!!!! Man is he fast!!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.