Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: the rest of the season

Some knocks on Schenn indirectly come down to his commitment to Brandon and if he really wanted to be playing there. Plus their love of Calvert and his sacrifice to the organization.

But really it's the same dumb mantra as stupid baseball fans that don't like a baseball player because he doesn't blaze down the first base line on every ground out.

As far as lines go for when Schenn plays, I think they will be like this:

Hammy-Schenn-Nicholls
    Collins-Viedensky-Stransky
    Z-Benson-Trask
    Sutter-Olsen-Bews

Alex Elliott is the odd man out.

I think that dzuirzynski will step up and play with schenn and hamilton...he can keep up and has been putting the puck in the net this year...also if theres any liberties taken on schenn or hamilton darian is there to protect them....maybe nicholls moves into darians spot for powerplays??...just my opinion...

I just seem to remember reading somewhere on Monday that the Blades were thinking of using Schenn with Hamilton and Nicholls.

in response to the attendance it will with out a doubt increase. as a dedicated fan, i would like to say WHERE WERE YOU ALL SEASON LONG?? true fans stick with the teams win or loose. To all those that say i wont support a team who has'nt won, well an electric atmosphere help build a teams moral. If now is the year to trade for a guy like Schenn and thats what it takes to hook a bunch more fans then fine but the fans had better stick it out over the next few years too. Lorne and the scouting staff will take care of our intrests all we have to do is show up and cheer LOUDLY!

Meh. There is just not that many teams in North American sports that have a huge hardcore fan base. Even the Riders who everyone professes to love has attendance issues when the team is doing bad.

If the Blades are going to fill that barn it's going to have to be with people that come on the bandwagon.

Iconwhl

I hope the ppl of stoon start to attend the games more frequantly now, if getting a WHL star who is a hometown boy doesnt increase attendance by a long shot nothing will & it will just go to show that Saskatoon just isnt a hockey town.

With that said i do think alot of it has to do with the rinks access. ONE ENTRANCE/ONE EXIT is the most retarded thing i have ever seen especially for a building that size. I hate making a trip to Saskatoon cuz i refuse to sit in the car lineup for 30 mins after the game is over. I dont leave games early (unless its a HUGE blowout by 6 or more goals) Im thinking that the rinks access has alot to do with ppl not attending games like they should in Saskatoon.

If Regina had a team like Saskatoon has our building would be full every night, yes i know our building holds less then 1/2 then what CUC holds but u guys dont even avg 5,000 fans per game, something the Pats did during out last divisional banner year in 07/08 i believe it was

Oh come on, there's at least 3 exits, it's not that bad. The main front, there's one that's off to the side and one way at the back ... it's not that bad, everyone just tries to go out the front one, though.

I can get out of Taylor field and on the highway home considerably faster then I can out of Sask Place. Think about that for a second....

The arena being to far out of the way and having to wait to long to be able to exit are pretty lame excuses not to attend. Saskatoon is not a big city and no matter where you live the CUC is not far away from your house and if you wait 5-10 minutes after the game and then give your vehicle proper time to warm up, as you should, you will be able to leave with no problems all ready...