Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: playoff poll

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by WHEATMAN View Post
    There was nothing wrong with Brandon's defence last year; Hamonic, Urbom, and Miller provided all sorts of nasty. Memorial Cup calibre defence I say.

But yeah, goaltending was pretty bad...

I know this thread has completely gone off topic now lol but after the top 3 of Hamonic, Urbom & Robak the D thined out very fast, you cant compete for a Memorial Cup with 3 top Dmen & a bunch of 6th Dmen... Lately i really dont understand why Scheinder was on ur team last year either.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Lately i really dont understand why Scheinder was on ur team last year either.
    Join the club
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Iconwhl

oh well he is still better then Faveru (god cant even remember how to spell his name anymore, not that its important) ok i searched it Favreau

though i do still wish we had Hampus he does have a good skill level especially with some of the crap euro's that are in our league this year.

big chance to climb the standings tonight

wheats and PA get two contender teams, we get SC(but CANNOT underestimate them), and Lethbridge goes against an underrated Edmonton team. Im personally getting annoyed with Lethbridge getting a loser point every game, but the most important thing is catching up to the two teams currently in playoff spots. If things go right tonight, which is entirely possible, this could do wonders for our chances and team confidence.

That being said, we have to be focused on our game the most. We pretty much cant afford to lose again this season.

oh well he is still better then Faveru (god cant even remember how to spell his name anymore, not that its important) ok i searched it Favreau

though i do still wish we had Hampus he does have a good skill level especially with some of the crap euro's that are in our league this year.
    Favreau hasn't been bad since he came to Brandon. Since joing the club he has 5 goals and 8 assists for 13 points in 38 games; I know thats not spectacular, but considering he gets fourth line minutes he gets a passing grade from me. Hell, he's already almost doubled his Pats point total in his half season in Brandon, the kid's a decent checker too.

To be honest, I wouldn't be shocked to see Favreau as a third liner/first unit PK guy who puts up 30-40 points next year. Basically a Paul Ciarelli type player with more offensive upside.

Definitely worth trading Schneider I say.
    Last edited by WHEATMAN; 02-25-2011 at 02:45 PM.
    "You can't always win, but you can always feel like you deserve to"

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by WHEATMAN View Post
    Favreau hasn't been bad since he came to Brandon. Since joing the club he has 5 goals and 8 assists for 13 points in 38 games; I know thats not spectacular, but considering he gets fourth line minutes he gets a passing grade from me. Hell, he's already almost doubled his Pats point total in his half season in Brandon, the kid's a decent checker too.

To be honest, I wouldn't be shocked to see Favreau as a third liner/first unit PK guy who puts up 30-40 points next year. Basically a Paul Ciarelli type player with more offensive upside.

Definitely worth trading Schneider I say.

Hell that should be happening as he is an 18yr old this season the guy is a 1st rd bust & to be honest id be surprised if he makes the WKs next season as a 19yr old

Hell that should be happening as he is an 18yr old this season the guy is a 1st rd bust & to be honest id be surprised if he makes the WKs next season as a 19yr old
    To be honest I think it was a minor trade that worked out for both players and teams. Both guys would have been out of the league, both have contributed to their new teams, good trade by both GM's....
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

KM got rid of Schneider, a year too late, but getting anything for him was a surprize. He took a chance on Favreau and he has been O.K. Will probably be here next year and who knows he may put it all together and turn into a decent player. Remember Jeff Topilko?

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Kings #1 View Post
    KM got rid of Schneider, a year too late, but getting anything for him was a surprize. He took a chance on Favreau and he has been O.K. Will probably be here next year and who knows he may put it all together and turn into a decent player. Remember Jeff Topilko?

Yep i know how u feel about that cuz us Pat fans feel the same way about Favreau.... hell i would of been happy if BRN sent us a bag of pucks (which is 12) for the deal, the kid just showed no progression at all since he has been 16, especially for a 1st rd pick...

& yes i do remember Jeff Topilko turned into a pretty good hockey player but i wouldnt hold ur breath long in hoping Favreau turns into anything like him

Yep i know how u feel about that cuz us Pat fans feel the same way about Favreau.... hell i would of been happy if BRN sent us a bag of pucks (which is 12) for the deal, the kid just showed no progression at all since he has been 16, especially for a 1st rd pick...

& yes i do remember Jeff Topilko turned into a pretty good hockey player but i wouldnt hold ur breath long in hoping Favreau turns into anything like him
    Why is so hard to believe that Favreau has contributed as much to as as Schneider has to the Pats? It was a good trade for everyone, be happy for the players and the teams...