Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Giants lose goaltender Schwarz to Czech league

Default Giants lose goaltender Schwarz to Czech league

Vancouver Giants goaltender Marek Schwarz will not be returning to the Western Hockey League team next season.

Schwarz, 19, a first-round pick of the NHL's St. Louis Blues, has signed a two-year contract with Sparta Prague in the Czech Republic, the Giants said in a release Tuesday. Schwarz, a native of Mlada Boleslav in the Czech Republic, played 56 games with the Giants this past season, sporting a 26-24-4 record, 2.67 goals-against average and 900 save percentage.
    From SLAM! Sports.

C.F Guest

Big suprise!

rinkrat Guest

Funny Colin Robinson left the same time as Swarzie! They were good friends.

Kassian Guest

Big mistake by Schwarz. I hear the Blues are pretty pissed off. And rightfully so.

Have to agree, Kassian.

Nice to see the Giants got Slade before this was announced, I'm sure it would have cost more to get Slade or any other Starting goalie more if people knew for sure that Schwarz was gone.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

As long as Slade can keep his cool, i honestly think we are better off now.

There were too many ups and downs with Schwarz in my opinion, MVP goalie one night, questionable the next.

I hope he can further his career in Europe and move to the next level then onto the NHL, because he has to potential to be there, just has to be used to the north american game some more.

Kassian Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beaner
    Have to agree, Kassian.

Nice to see the Giants got Slade before this was announced, I'm sure it would have cost more to get Slade or any other Starting goalie more if people knew for sure that Schwarz was gone.
    The Giants knew Schwarz was going to leave beforehand. Which is why they got Slade to begin with. I don't know why it took so long for this to finally become official. It has been known for well over a month now. I am just waiting for the official announcement of Meszaros going pro. They are really delaying that one.

rinkrat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kassian
    I am just waiting for the official announcement of Meszaros going pro. They are really delaying that one.
    here ya go...

http://www.go-giants.com/index.php

Kassian Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rinkrat
    Yeah I saw that. I was looking for a more "official" report, you know? Oh well, either way it'll come out soon enough.

Schwarz is a premadonna and never lived up to his hipe, the Giants are better off with Slade. Mezeros and Schwarz were only one year guys to the Giants in hope of a Mem cup run, big waste of Toigo's money.
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php