Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Must win turns into hopefully win?

Default Must win turns into hopefully win?

Well judging by the city Bronco talk, I would say that last weekend was a must win, and this week will be a hope to show up and keep it close win. Not a lot of confidence out there. Funny thing though, IMO it seems that this team is terrible against the bad teams, but shows up and plays well against the good teams (outside of home vs RD and in MH).

Should be at least an interesting week, that I predict will net us at least three points (because you have to have some optimism )

If this team is going to make the playoffs, they do pretty much control their own destiny. 12 of the last 21 are at home and 13 out of 21 are against teams below them in the standings. But like you said T, they seem to crap the bed when they are playing the bad teams so time will tell.

Keep the faith, get 2 wins in a row as we did and life seems good again!!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

they'll make it! i have no doubt about it

I honestly thought they would make it too, but I'm starting to lose faith...fast! This losing skid is getting tiresome! However, like the other poster said they do control their destiny, but for how much longer? Sure we've been getting lots of shots on net, but the vast majority of those shots are coming from the outside or are just weak floater wrist shots that I could stop!!! Friesen is playing terrible and if you ask me, he has to be our star player now that Eakin is gone. Wish we could get on a roll here, doesn't look good with the home and home with the WHL's best team this weekend. Thought we played a good 2nd and 3rd period tonight, but didn't show up in the 1st and bad goaltending...again cost us tonight. SICK OF LOSING!!!

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

Well I would think that tonight (and every night against teams around them) should be considered must win. They have lost a lot of ground over the last two weeks, and need to turn this ship around quick, or we will be looking at no playoffs with a high lottery pick.

Kinda depressing to be a hockey fan in Swift. Just realized that the team is only four points out from being the second worst team in the whl.

What's so depressing is that it was suppose to be such a promising season. Turning into a dud. My season tickets are going to waste because I just don't want to watch the beating anymore. I'll save $477 next year.

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ointhecreek View Post
    What's so depressing is that it was suppose to be such a promising season. Turning into a dud. My season tickets are going to waste because I just don't want to watch the beating anymore. I'll save $477 next year.
    I remember the optimism at the beginning of the year, and yeah that is gone. I got a bad feeling the team will be taking an attendance now even if things do get turned around and they start winning a few games. It seems a lot of people have given up on them this year.

I will buy tickets next year, and will even optimistic about the team next year if they can find a steady goaltender to take over. I know they won't score a lot of goals, but they should be pretty good defensively (I hope), and camp could be interesting if guys like Olson, Black and Richardson show up on top of Heatherington, Cave, etc.

The most suprising thing for me this year is the lack of anyone blaming the coach. It seems that whenever this team is down that a group of people band together to blame our coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Toswammi View Post
    I remember the optimism at the beginning of the year, and yeah that is gone. I got a bad feeling the team will be taking an attendance now even if things do get turned around and they start winning a few games. It seems a lot of people have given up on them this year.

I will buy tickets next year, and will even optimistic about the team next year if they can find a steady goaltender to take over. I know they won't score a lot of goals, but they should be pretty good defensively (I hope), and camp could be interesting if guys like Olson, Black and Richardson show up on top of Heatherington, Cave, etc.

The most suprising thing for me this year is the lack of anyone blaming the coach. It seems that whenever this team is down that a group of people band together to blame our coach.
    Ya weird how people blame the leader of a team when said team stinks. A lot of Lamb nut-huggers blindly following the leader. Be sure to ignore the facts tho and then call people names when anybody dares to question the great Lamb.