Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Must win turns into hopefully win?

Yeah the Lamb lovers love calling us out. I am sick of being silent. Their is a growing number of people who are starting to heckle Lamb from the stands and I think its hilarious

The one thing I am getting tired of is our Leaders are not leading the team. We have a few veterans who do not compete on a consistent basis. Now that its February its not the players fault anymore. Its the coaches for allowing it to happen Right in Front of their Eyes. Its time to send some messages that this cant happen. Make them a healthy scratch and grow some balls. When you have a team that has half playing hard and half floating around these are the results you end up with.

I just assumed we would be one of the hardest working teams in this league and the reality is we are not. Instead of bereating certain players maybe its time for the Coach to actually coach.
    Don't take life so seriously...you can't get out of it alive.

BRONCOS 4 LIFE

Iconwhl Lamb as Coach??

I can't quite make sense of some of the comments but, I too am growing tired of attending games when our team doesn't compete for 60 minutes.

I have never been on the Lamb bandwagon, neither have I been against Lamb. i just feel the jury has been out since day one as to whether he has the ability to be a head coach. I think he has something to prove and time is now against him. He better find a way to get this team competing hard each night. I wonder too why he never brought in a tough protector for our smaller players?? Does he feel the game has changed to where you don't need an enforcer? Need to re-examine that strategy!!

My thoughts for what they are worth

I have been on the side of Lamb since he got here, and have heckled all of you who have said negative comments about him. As an Oiler fan I thought we would indeed get a coach that would expect hard work and full effort every night, just like he played when he was in the "big show". Unfortunately, when he got rid of Tim Kehler (hope i spelled that right) and got that no mind high school buddy of his to come on board Darren Evjien (don't care if I spelled that right) was when I quietly started questioning Lamb in my own mind.
    7 games AND NO POINTS? I think this is now beginning to fall on Lamb. That car sellin assistant coach keeps sayin "we did alot of things right tonight" but where are the points? This was supposed to be a promising year, but then Eakin goes and before that we were pauning the injury excuse off, this is a huge bummer of a season. I get more and more pissed off every night I go. Losing is for Losers, and that's what our team has become. Losing is acceptible as long as Evjien sais "we did alot of things right tonight". Time to get some wins together and at least try to salvage this season somewhat. Other than the defense, what exactly is there to look forward to next year? Wake this team up Lamb! NOW IS THE TIME!!!!!!!

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by trucker View Post
    I have been on the side of Lamb since he got here, and have heckled all of you who have said negative comments about him. As an Oiler fan I thought we would indeed get a coach that would expect hard work and full effort every night, just like he played when he was in the "big show". Unfortunately, when he got rid of Tim Kehler (hope i spelled that right) and got that no mind high school buddy of his to come on board Darren Evjien (don't care if I spelled that right) was when I quietly started questioning Lamb in my own mind.
    7 games AND NO POINTS? I think this is now beginning to fall on Lamb. That car sellin assistant coach keeps sayin "we did alot of things right tonight" but where are the points? This was supposed to be a promising year, but then Eakin goes and before that we were pauning the injury excuse off, this is a huge bummer of a season. I get more and more pissed off every night I go. Losing is for Losers, and that's what our team has become. Losing is acceptible as long as Evjien sais "we did alot of things right tonight". Time to get some wins together and at least try to salvage this season somewhat. Other than the defense, what exactly is there to look forward to next year? Wake this team up Lamb! NOW IS THE TIME!!!!!!!
    "we did alot of things right tonight" is fine and dandy in the first half of the season. However all I really care about right now is the end result.

Looking at the other games, it seems the teams chasing us are playing each other, so someone is getting two points on us, so we need to win. I have to think that if we can get one, other wins will come easier.

Been awhile since I've had a good rant on this site, but need to get this out of my system. Wall of text alert!

'It's about passion'? More like 'It's about letting the other team walk all over you while you sit back and float through another game'! If I was on a losing skid like these guys are and was getting outplayed each game, I would at least try and destroy something. 8 games in a row? Embarrassing. Right now, we are way too content playing soft, boring, pitiful hockey.

Want me to call out some players? Fine. Hoban, Novotny, Evans, and half of our d-core are all useless to me at this stage. No edge to their game, refusal to get bodies out of the crease, and all around laziness. At this point, I'd be happy to not see them dress until they decide they want to play some hockey. Friesen needs to steal some games for us, but unfortunately he's also no longer getting the job done. Until he can find his game again, quit padding his stats with starts and give Smith the chance to not put us behind the 8-ball by allowing a crappy goal.

Coaching staff needs to re-evaluate their systems and get players moving the puck more frequently and efficiently. This slow passing on the powerplay and constantly missed passes are killing us and quite frankly look awful. Also, quit playing guys who just don't seem to give a rat's ass out there and give guys like Derko, Howorko, or any other rookie who is willing to earn their stripes a chance. I'm much more likely to cheer a losing effort as long as that effort is there.

Had more fun surfing the web on my phone tonight than watching the game, and thank God guys like Derko and Peddle who at least worked their sacks off despite an altogether terrible effort, it's the only thing that kept me from falling asleep.

Rant over. Thank you!
    A Broncos fan I was born, a Broncos fan I will die! GO BRONCOS GO!

6. Default

Lately they have been playing like my golf game - inconsistent. It seems when the back end has a good game, the forwards are pathetic and when the forwards are on fire the back end is---well you know. This team, at times has shown they could be contenders.
    One thing they need to change, and quick is their PP. I know they got one early tonight, but after that it was hard to tell they were on the PP. In Brandon, they had a 5 on 3 advantage for nearly two minutes--and nothing!
    I am not sure if it's their confidence that is non-existent, but they better find it soon, the end of the season is nearly upon us. I am sure a win would go a long way - maybe??

Hopefully this is rock bottom and things will start looking up here.

It seems like no one wants the puck, no one wants to be aggressive, no one wants to make a mistake (because for about half the team that means not playing for the next thirty minutes, while the hand picked are allowed to do nothing). Basically this team seems like it is in over its head in quicksand, and just can't get out. Worst of it all is that it almost looks like the team has tuned out Lamb, because I would rather believe that then them just not caring.

I don't like singling out players, but Novotny has been useless in 2011. I mean a goal and four assists in fifteen games is what he has done, and you can throw in a -11 in that time frame. Its not just him, there are others, but in my eyes, more needs to come from him and the injury can't be used as an excuse. If he is still hurting then sit out and get healthy, if not, well no excuses. It seems there too many passengers.

One more thing, with today's loss the 2010-2011 Broncos have tied the franchise record for the most consecutive loses.

Quote Originally Posted by transplantedbronco View Post
    Yeah the Lamb lovers love calling us out. I am sick of being silent. Their is a growing number of people who are starting to heckle Lamb from the stands and I think its hilarious

The one thing I am getting tired of is our Leaders are not leading the team. We have a few veterans who do not compete on a consistent basis. Now that its February its not the players fault anymore. Its the coaches for allowing it to happen Right in Front of their Eyes. Its time to send some messages that this cant happen. Make them a healthy scratch and grow some balls. When you have a team that has half playing hard and half floating around these are the results you end up with.

I just assumed we would be one of the hardest working teams in this league and the reality is we are not. Instead of bereating certain players maybe its time for the Coach to actually coach.
    We'll give you Hunchak back no need to send a bag of pucks have lots
    GO WARRIORS GO

Quote Originally Posted by Toswammi View Post

One more thing, with today's loss the 2010-2011 Broncos have tied the franchise record for the most consecutive loses.
    Which drops the team to 9th in the East and all the teams from 6th to 11th have 1-4 games in hand.

Glad to see Howorko get a couple of shifts even if it was the last few minutes of the game. Kid plays with heart and has something to prove, just needs a regular shift. When Derko took that penalty I had to look at my program to see who #26 was. Understanding Derko just came off an injury but if Lamb doesn't think these kids can help win games this season then at least play them for the experience for next season. God knows looking ahead next year may be worse at least up front.

Quote Originally Posted by d-man View Post
    Which drops the team to 9th in the East and all the teams from 6th to 11th have 1-4 games in hand.

Glad to see Howorko get a couple of shifts even if it was the last few minutes of the game. Kid plays with heart and has something to prove, just needs a regular shift. When Derko took that penalty I had to look at my program to see who #26 was. Understanding Derko just came off an injury but if Lamb doesn't think these kids can help win games this season then at least play them for the experience for next season. God knows looking ahead next year may be worse at least up front.
    LOL, yeah I had no idea that Howorko or Derko where even dressed until there was a few minutes left in the third.