Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Red Deer vs Lethbridge

Default Red Deer vs Lethbridge

nothing to be said. Stunk! I hope Preston watches the entire game in replay mode and makes notes of the players who took crap penalties and cost some goals and we don't see their butt off the bench in the next game.

The last two games with breakaways was awful.

No more comments from here. Still shaking my head after the first 20 minutes, never mind the outcome of the game.

Default head shakin time in gone.........

look at old roy, by the 3rd season he had boychuck, king ,fadden, sceviour,wright and the rest in place....what does old rich have 2 show after 2 going on 3........NOTHING......and i cant see anything for at least 2 more years..great job you old fart...anyone, and i mean anyone that knows anything about major jr knows that 19teen year old forward and d win you chapionships 4 the simple reason of you can stock pile as many as you need at that age. and we have NONE next year.....plain and simple...what does that tell you about a has bin.....time to move on you............ps...i hope with all my heart that we do not get the mem cup 4 the simple reason that everything we have saved will be traded away to try to win a 1 year thing and after that we will be in the same shape as we are right now..............
    GO CANES GO.................

Default Trader Roy

had Fadden, King, Boychuck, Sceviour and for 2 years Lethbridge went a fair distance and THAT is why were have nothing now. We are paying the price for what Trader Roy did in 2 years.

One breath you say you hope you don't get the MC cause he will trade to get players for one year of competitiveness and that is exactly what Trader Roy did. I have frustrations also, but tonight I believe the boys were simply out played, out classed and out coached. Frustration sets in after a 4-0 in the first and it isn't going to go away.

Friday should prove interesting.

Default not even close...you have no idea what you are talking about....

how can you compare a gm that builds a team within 3 years and has all the pieces in place at that time to a gm that is all about a long term process that will benefit from things aways down the road,BUT will sell off pieces of that to make a run IF we get the mem cup...i cant see how you cannot see the differants, and if you cant you have no clue of what you are talking about...............
    Last edited by shushu; 01-27-2011 at 03:11 PM.
    GO CANES GO.................

Quote Originally Posted by 2speak4all View Post
    had Fadden, King, Boychuck, Sceviour and for 2 years Lethbridge went a fair distance and THAT is why were have nothing now. We are paying the price for what Trader Roy did in 2 years.
    That's BS.

Preston was left with Ashton and Beach two very valuable assets and got garbage for both of them.

Preston had a chance to trade some guys at the deadline and instead held on to everyone hoping that they might luck into 8th and get swept in 4 straight.

Preston hasn't brought in any talent and the Canes are an old team in the league with little hope for the future.

Sure the prospect pool wasn't great because Roy traded youth away for a lot of talent, but somehow Preston has made that pool even weaker while at the same time making the current team god awful.

moon, the biggest issue why some of these trades seem so awful is because RP has failed to develop the incoming players. Hood, Oslanski, Johnston, and Reddington are examples IMO. Factor in the players that were in the system that haven't developed as expected either and we have our current situation. That is on the coaching staff.
    I don't know what's wrong since I'm not on the inside but you can rest assured something is off behind the scenes that us fans don't see. The man at the top of the decision tree needs to locate the issue and address it with replacements.
    Sometimes loyalty is the worst thing. Time has come to separate emotion and make some tough decisions.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Although the Sbisa trade has to go down as a colossal/catastrophic failure by RP. Considering what hamonic, Eakin, Ashton, Schenn, etc were traded for the trade for Sbisa is a head shaker. We essentially traded Sbisa, Bartschi(top 10 scorer this year and top prospect) for a nice defenseman in Johnston and a very average import in Berglund and a euro pick that RP used on Kuvaev who sits nightly. That's failure 101 folks.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Although the Sbisa trade has to go down as a colossal/catastrophic failure by RP. Considering what hamonic, Eakin, Ashton, Schenn, etc were traded for the trade for Sbisa is a head shaker. We essentially traded Sbisa, Bartschi(top 10 scorer this year and top prospect) for a nice defenseman in Johnston and a very average import in Berglund and a euro pick that RP used on Kuvaev who sits nightly. That's failure 101 folks.
    Don't kid yourself...the Canes wouldn't have drafted Bartschi. The Winterhawks pulled him from obscurity with Mike Johnston's connections in Switzerland, much like Niederreiter. So operating on that assumption it would have been better to hang on to Sbisa for the rest of the dismal season with playoffs nowhere in sight and draft a Euro that may or may not show up? We'd be without our most consistent and top +/- defenceman and our top euro who is top 4 in points on our team. I don't consider that a failure in itself. Kuvaev is a tough situation, but unfortunately when you draft euros you don't always know what you're going to get...adjustment to N. America game is not always an easy one.

Well Dubfan11 I think we could have had a pretty good import with the 7th overall pick if I am recalling draft position correctly even if it wasn't Bartschi. I wouldn't window dress Berglund's stats by saying he is fourth in scoring. The Canes are offensively anorexic. I do like johnston but he seems to be good for a glorious miscue per game. At least its caused by aggression and not lack of effort.
    I can't wait to get a pic with Mr. Hockey! Would he elbow me if I asked?

Quote Originally Posted by dubfan11 View Post
    Don't kid yourself...the Canes wouldn't have drafted Bartschi. The Winterhawks pulled him from obscurity with Mike Johnston's connections in Switzerland, much like Niederreiter. So operating on that assumption it would have been better to hang on to Sbisa for the rest of the dismal season with playoffs nowhere in sight and draft a Euro that may or may not show up? We'd be without our most consistent and top +/- defenceman and our top euro who is top 4 in points on our team. I don't consider that a failure in itself. Kuvaev is a tough situation, but unfortunately when you draft euros you don't always know what you're going to get...adjustment to N. America game is not always an easy one.
    Not sure why the only option was to accept that deal from Portland or to keep him.

They could have asked for more from Portland or dealt him somewhere else. He was one of, if not the, most coveted players and should have got a return that helped this team improve not got us 3 mediocre players.