Thread: Hitmen this week

Default Hitmen this week

Once again, I have fallen behind in keeping up but here is the quick recap of the last week.

A week ago tonight the Hitmen beat up on Prince Albert, 6-2. The Hitmen got 3 point nights from both Rissling and Fisenko but the big story was Brandon Glover who made 41 saves.

1. P.A I. Revenko, (13) , 7:10
    1. CAL J. Rissling, (4) (K. Foucault, S. Humphries), 11:11
    1. CAL T. Fiddler, (8) (B. Macek, M. Fisenko), 12:05
    2. CAL B. Macek, (9) (M. Fisenko, J. Rissling), 2:36
    2. CAL B. Wilson, (3) , 4:12 (PS)
    3. CAL T. Fiddler, (9) (M. Fisenko, J. Rissling), 10:35
    3. CAL C. Sylvester, (14) (K. Foucault, J. Kirsch), 15:31
    3. P.A J. Parker, (28) (A. Corbin, J. Maylan), 19:37

Last Saturday the Hitmen were beat up by Saskatoon, 5-1. The Hitmen were actually the better team in the first period but could only muster 1 goal and it cost them in the end. Michael Snider made 33 saves in the loss.

1. CAL B. Macek, (10) (M. Fisenko, T. Fiddler), 12:16
    2. SAS C. Collins, (11) (M. Viedensky, J. Nicholls), 1:24 (PP)
    2. SAS M. Viedensky, (20) (J. Nicholls, T. Zahn), 9:07
    2. SAS J. Trask, (11) (S. Elliott, B. Schenn), 15:15
    3. SAS C. Collins, (12) (J. Nicholls, C. Cox), 6:04
    3. SAS M. Viedensky, (21) (D. Dietz, C. Collins), 16:28

The rematch with the Blades was this past Tuesday and once again the Hitmen were on the losing end, this time 8-4. Cody Sylvester scored a pair of goals but the Hitmen gave up 3 power play goals to the Blades. You just knew it was going to be a rough night when the Blades scored just a minute into the game.

1. SAS S. Elliott, (21) , 1:00
    1. SAS J. Trask, (12) (C. Hamilton, B. Schenn), 12:19
    2. SAS B. Benson, (13) (D. Dziurzynski), 9:12
    2. SAS D. Dietz, (4) (B. Schenn, C. Hamilton), 12:43 (PP)
    2. CAL N. MacMaster, (10) (P. Kosterman, C. Clayton), 14:12
    2. SAS J. Trask, (13) (D. Siemens, S. Elliott), 15:54 (PP)
    2. SAS J. Nicholls, (22) (M. Viedensky), 18:02 (SH)
    3. CAL C. Sylvester, (15) (A. Roach, B. Macek), 0:59
    3. SAS C. Hamilton, (16) (J. Trask, S. Elliott), 12:46 (PP)
    3. SAS B. Schenn, (2) (C. Hamilton, D. Thrower), 15:51
    3. CAL K. Foucault, (14) (B. Macek, M. Fisenko), 18:26
    3. CAL C. Sylvester, (16) (D. Gayle, P. Kosterman), 19:48

And finally, tonight the Hitmen fell 4-3 to the Wheaties. The Hitmen dominated the first period but once again couldn't generate a goal and in fact, were trailing 1-0 after the first thanks to Wheatie goalie Liam Liston. Matt MacKay had 3 points for Brandon while Misha Fisenko had a couple of assists. It was Brandon Glover's turn to start in goal, as Williamson seems to be rotating goalies on a game by game rotation, Glover made 30saves.

1. BDN S. Wiebe, (27) (M. MacKay, R. Hunter), 19:13
    2. CAL K. Foucault, (15) (D. Gayle), 3:13
    2. CAL A. Roach, (2) (J. Kirsch, M. Fisenko), 8:13 (PP)
    2. BDN R. Hunter, (2) (S. Glennie, M. Ferland), 9:05
    2. BDN M. MacKay, (15) (R. Miller), 10:17
    2. CAL B. Macek, (11) (S. Humphries, M. Fisenko), 17:31
    3. BDN M. Stone, (25) (M. MacKay, S. Wiebe), 11:11

Things don't get any easier for the Hitmen, who travel up the QE 2 to face the red hot Rebels tomorrow night, the Rebels have won 10 in a row. The Hitmen will play their 3rd game in 3 nights on Sunday back at the Dome vs the Raiders.

Question Foucault thoughts?

Does he seem to be the same sort of guy he's always been or do you think his game has evolved as he's in his overage season? Are you pleased by what you've gotten from him or has he been a big disappointment? Has he improved any parts of his game or is he still suffering from the same limitations of consistency from game to game?

I think he is the same old story for Foucault. Some games he is just lights out and others he is MIA. He has had so many chances to score this season but just hasn't finished. I was hoping for more numbers wise but Foucault like the rest of the Hitmen vets have really struggled this year.

Default That is disappointing...for you and for the Wild...

Sad to hear he hasn't learned his lesson. Its funny what it takes for some players to learn that. Look at Benoit Pouliot, very similar in description to Foucault by most measures but for whatever reason he couldn't make it work in Minnesota but we move him to Montreal and he plays a lot better. Maybe he could use a change of scenery.

I'd be really shocked if Foucault ever played in an NHL game. I see him as someone going to Europe for his pro career.

Default Would he...

even be a functional farmhand at the AHL level? Or would he be a disaster there and get sent down to the ECHL right away in your opinion? Either way, a pretty damning revelation on your part even though you can make pretty decent living playing in Europe.

I think he could play at that level but I don't know if an organization would want him to take up a roster spot. He does have some decent skill but its all the extra work that goes with being a hockey player that I think is missing but I am not a scout.