Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What Will It Take 2 Make Playoffs!

Default I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    For a few minutes they lost focus and were more interested in yapping and taking penalties but then they clued in and realized the win was far more important than arguing calls and retaliating. Hopefully this trend continues tonight against the Blazers.
    I agree with you Bo. Like I said 2 posts back, penalties, especially the cheap/retaliatory ones, have cost the Canes a lot of games. We have had what, 20 OT games this year. Take away a few penalties every game we've played and we might have as much as 5 or even 10 more points. That's the difference between being 3 points out of a playoff spot and parked in 9th place, versus battling tooth and nail with Edmonton and the Wheat Kings for 6th/7th. Big, big difference.
    Let's hope the boys keep the stupid penalties out of the game tonight. If they do, the Canes will beat the Blazers............... GO CANES.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Holy what a game tonight, just wehen you think they cant come back and actually make a game out of it they do it and tie it up to take it to OT. To bad they couldnt find the net before the Blazers did. I sware if I see Anderson in net again on friday ill be pissed he let some really bad goals in and should see Tait in net.
    GO CANES GO!

Amen brother. I can't watch #1give up anymore weak a$$ goals! He gets beat high glove at will. I don't know what to say. It's just become so frustrating.
    Defenseman were awful, forwards were great. The game was very entertaining and Oslanski tuned #34!
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Hey all you Caniacs just for those that havent seen this yet a full video of all the renos of the Enmax....http://www.enmaxcentre.ca/building-e...il.asp?ID=1812
    GO CANES GO!

Default thanks 4 the info...........

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiderman63 View Post
    Hey all you Caniacs just for those that havent seen this yet a full video of all the renos of the Enmax....http://www.enmaxcentre.ca/building-e...il.asp?ID=1812
    and good on you 4 waving the canes flag and adding well needed support 2 an arena that is a tad quite to say the least.....one of these days i will stop down and say hello....great job canes, keep up the hard work and good play as of late........GO CANES GO....................
    GO CANES GO.................

Thats one of the best games ive seen the Canes play wow, hard checking scoring and very hard work for a full 60 minutes. I just wish we could of played like this all season and we wouldnt be fighting for a playoff spot. This past couple weeks has been some out standing hockey by the Canes. Hopefully they can keep it up ntonight and on the BC road trip
    GO CANES GO!

hey Caniacs so I came across this website and and show pictures of all the WHL arenas wow some those on in the states are amazing,heres the site...http://www.ohlarenaguide.com/otherrinks.htm
    GO CANES GO!

Default Tonights game in Chilliwack is huge for the Canes.

I guess tonight is the start of the stretch run for the Canes. As mentioned many times here and elsewhere, P.A. has an easier schedule to finish the year then Lethbridge does, and as such, the Raiders have the inside track on the 8th and final playoff spot. The Raiders won one of their "easy games" last night against the Pats so the Raiders are currently 2 points up on Lethbridge. Since the Canes and Raiders to not play each other again this year, we can't do anything about P.A. so we just need to worry about winning as many as we can and see what happens. The Hurricanes next 3 games are on a B.C Division swing and we can't be expected to win em all, but 2 or 3 points is almost mandatory to keep pace with P.A. The Raiders have a couple of difficult opponents this weekend so they will hopefully not gain any more ground on the Canes in the next few days. The Raiders are on the road in Moose Jaw on Friday and then host the Ice Saturday.
    Tonight's game against the Bruins is probably our best chance at getting a couple of points in the next 3 games. Our second game on this trip is against a highly depleted, yet suddenly improved lineup in Kamloops. Taking any points off the Blazers is not going to be easy. The last of Lethbridge's 3 games on their BC swing is in Kelowna, and as usual the Rockets are playing good hockey come the end of the year. Getting any points from Kamloops and/or Kelowna in the next 2 games is not very likely. The difficulty in stealing any points in the 2 games the Canes play after tonight makes the game in Chilliwack a crucial game to win. A regulation time loss against the Bruins tonight will make a serious dent in the Canes playoff hopes.
    On a side note. Why the Canes are scheduled on a BC division swing instead of playing against our Eastern rivals at this time of year is beyond me, but whatever I guess.
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 03-02-2011 at 07:08 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

9. Default Scheduling mess....

....for the Hurricanes for sure. But there have been a lot of weird scheduling this season for the Canes and some of their opposition. Like playing three straight games against SC back in November/December; then 3 games against the Hat in a week back in December; and 3 straight games vs Calgary in January; and playing Red Deer and Edmonton 3 times each in during a 7 game span last month.

Trouble is, there is a lot that goes into the WHL schedule, fitting in the US teams, the trips to BC, then the East and last the Central teams. Also having to take into consideration the NHL games in Calgary and Edmonton and other events. Not easy.....but surely they can avoid these "mini series".

Hurricanes will end up with a tough road schedule and possibly a playoff mess like SC had last year when the Ford World Women's Curling Championship hits the Enmax in March of 2012.

The hopes for the playoffs this year.....looks bleak! Matching PA's/Canes schedules looks like this:

PA @ MJ LH @ KAM
    KTN @ PA LH @ KEL
    REG @ PA MJ @ LH
    ED @ PA LH @ CAL
    PA @ BRD MH @ LH
    PA @ CAL LH @ ED
    SC @ PA KTN @ LH
    PA @ SC LH @ KTN

Default Hopes fading fast!

I have to agree "Stuck" that the Hurricanes playoff hopes are sinking fast. Their schedule is much tougher than PA's.

Hopefully when the Canes are eliminated that Preston brings up some of that young talent to get a taste of the "Dub" and also play those players that have been healthy scratches lately.

I wonder what Preston's coaching plans are for next season. Just looking at
    the numbers....not much of an improvement over last year. But he was left a mess last season.
    W-L-OTL-SOL---pts----GF--GA
    09-10 72 games 20-44-5----3----48pts--186 257 1423pim .430
    10-11 64 games 21-30-5----8----55pts--178 275 1334pim .333