Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Draft Thread

Default 2011 Draft Thread

Figured I would just open this up to discuss the draft.

Also you can follow whl.ca, smallatlarge.blogspot.com, and shawnmullin.wordpress.com for some excellent coverage of this draft. I know that Alan will do a bit of a statistical break down of players (or at least has done so in the past), also imagine Shawn will be all over the Bronco selections for this draft.

Brycen Martin is going to be a great player. wonderful ice vision he can control the game like no one else in alberta. Great power play quarterback. For my money the best player by quite a bit in Alberta.

Virtanen is gone, so the Broncos are picking up a defenseman second overall.

Brycen Martin is the name. Future PP QB?

Just thought of this. Once again SC takes a player out of Calgary. We might be able to call games in Calgary home games pretty quick

two solid d men too.

Kinda surprised the Broncos take another defenseman (Zach Gonek). I hear the draft has a lot of solid forwards going later on in the draft.

I like what SC is doing.
    You build from the backend out.
    You can never have enough top end d-man

Quote Originally Posted by witness View Post
    I like what SC is doing.
    You build from the backend out.
    You can never have enough top end d-man
    That is true. Also Martin from what I have read/heard is one of the best skaters and is a puck moving defenseman. Hopefully we can build a PP around him.

I know the most glaring weakness of this years team was teh lack of a skill in moving the puck up the ice.

Martin can move the puck. He plays like he has eyes everywhere. He can have his back to the attack and make a great evasive move and all of the sudden he is looking up ice into open passing lanes. He is the kind of kid who can thread a good pass through a very small lane and is lethal at the point on the power play. Have watched him pass through a bunch of guys on a PP and find the guy sitting net front right on the tape for a tap in. Just Elite in every aspect of his game.