Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mark Lamb

Default Mark Lamb

Lots of talk on the coaching, thought I'd start a thread. Lets here Bronco fans tell their opinions good and bad on this coaching duo. I know there is lots of negative comments in the city. Are there any people who still support Lamb and Evjien and feel the job is getting done? Or are the supporters gone? I have stong opinions myself on this and have been sharing them on other threads. Lets here 'em all. Whether this losing season really is to blame on coaching, scouting, board members or players. Even if your "trolling" and not a Bronco fan you still have an opinion that is welcome here.

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

Its been said on other threads but it is coaching. These coaches blame losing on the lack of depth but then refuse to play all dressed players and only roll two lines. Can't develop depth if they never get the opportunity to get on the ice.
    Injuries have been huge but that creates an opportunity for younger players to step into more prominent roles. We may see a pay off in the future for a guy like Magnus and the ice time he is getting. But young guys like Howorko, Aasman, Mackay to dress and sit on the bench is a poor development plan.

Why won't Lambchops play Bruce? He is from Cranbrook and doesn't get to play in his home town when the Broncos played Friday night against the Ice? Another way to spoil a players desire on this team. Good job coach.

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

coaching has been absolutely brutal. it looks like most players have lost their confidence and have not improved one bit!!!! Unfortunately i dont think much will be done about the coaching,,,with the poor financial situation of the team, the board cant afford to pay out the remaining years on both coaches contracts. talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place!!!!

Iconwhl

Lamb sounds alot like Hunt with only rolling 2 lines, Hunt used to be very bad for this always playing the veterns no matter what they do on the ice. Thankfully after the trade deadline Hunt started to use all 4 lines. I have a feeling Lang had to get the message thru Hunt that this is a rebuilding team & all young players need ice time.

Unfortunately for u guys Lamb is also ur GM, so he doesnt really have to answer to people for his coaching only his management side of things. That is 1 of the down sides to having a GM/coach as that is 1 less mind in the hockey operations side of things.

I still dont understand the huge down spin in Bronco land.... u guys still have some very quality players in guys like Dowling, Vause, Hoban, Wagner, Peddle, Magnus & Novotny... way more offense then the Pats have but yet the Pats can put together solid efforts & still get some wins. We got Weal & Mitchell mainly & seems like every game someone else will step up with a solid effort, very rarely is it the same guy in back to back games though.

Was the players pissed off cuz Eakin was shipped out when u guys still had a playoff spot? Maybe trading Eakin away was a sign of the GM giving up on this group which ultimately lead to the players giving up as well. Lots of questions in SC for next seasons roster, if u guys want we will take Hoban off ur hands any day, at least its someone else skilled enough to play with Weal. (haha i know dreaming but hey it could happen in my dreams)

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Lamb sounds alot like Hunt with only rolling 2 lines, Hunt used to be very bad for this always playing the veterns no matter what they do on the ice. Thankfully after the trade deadline Hunt started to use all 4 lines. I have a feeling Lang had to get the message thru Hunt that this is a rebuilding team & all young players need ice time.

Unfortunately for u guys Lamb is also ur GM, so he doesnt really have to answer to people for his coaching only his management side of things. That is 1 of the down sides to having a GM/coach as that is 1 less mind in the hockey operations side of things.

I still dont understand the huge down spin in Bronco land.... u guys still have some very quality players in guys like Dowling, Vause, Hoban, Wagner, Peddle, Magnus & Novotny... way more offense then the Pats have but yet the Pats can put together solid efforts & still get some wins. We got Weal & Mitchell mainly & seems like every game someone else will step up with a solid effort, very rarely is it the same guy in back to back games though.

Was the players pissed off cuz Eakin was shipped out when u guys still had a playoff spot? Maybe trading Eakin away was a sign of the GM giving up on this group which ultimately lead to the players giving up as well. Lots of questions in SC for next seasons roster, if u guys want we will take Hoban off ur hands any day, at least its someone else skilled enough to play with Weal. (haha i know dreaming but hey it could happen in my dreams)
    Hoban, he's yours! One of the softest, laziest players in the league. Most likely will not be one our twenties next year.
    Always Remembered

I think we each of our thoughts on who we think will be twenty year olds next year. Injuries will play a big thing as to which three we keep and which ones we trade or release.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGeorge View Post
    I think we each of our thoughts on who we think will be twenty year olds next year. Injuries will play a big thing as to which three we keep and which ones we trade or release.
    at least one will come from outside the organization.

Icon32 Rookies

Lamb will argue that he gives his rookies ample ice time but they are unable to produce. Sure, he puts Derko, Howorko & Bruce out together for a couple of 30 sec shifts & because they can't get the puck out of their end he benches them. If this man had a brain it would be the most lonesome thing in SC. Why doesn't he mix these players in with guys like Vause, Lowry, Peddle or even Cameron. When Black came on board I didn't see him playing on the 3rd or 4th string, no, right to the 1st. I know the young kids can play they just need a fighting chance. Young Howorko can skate & play with the best out there. He is fast & not afraid to go in the corners & throw his body around. + any time I've seen him take a faceoff he usually wins the draw, more that I can say for Black or Magnus. What say bloggers, 3 games left lets hear it for the young guys... give them more ice time & mix them in with some of the older guys. Lets take a look at what we have for next yr. GO BRONCOS. "Never Ever Say Never".

Icon34 $20.00

Oh by the way, 20 bucks says we kick ass tonight. "GO BRONCOS"