Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mark Lamb

Quote Originally Posted by SocnorB View Post
    Lets bring Lorne Frey in as the G.M. and let him bring in his own coach; do I hear the name Danny Lambert calling. Lorne is arguably the best judge of talent in the WHL and he was likely resposible for Danny going to Kelowna as the D coach. Heard a rumour two summers ago that Frey was coming in as G.M. until you know who applied.
    I would highly endorse this situation.

Icon32 What's shaken

Hey bloggers I've been busy for the past week, what's shaken.. no threads since Sunday, how come, everyone still getting over the final game??. Bummer!! good to hear that the team fought back to tie in the final frame only to drop a 4-3 loss in the dieing seconds. It was great to hear that the 4th line got a LITTLE more ice time & Howorko got his first goal. Good on him and on his line for playing as a team. Maybe this will wake Lamb & Tonto up for next yr. Oh darn, almost forgot they won't be back next yr... Also heard through the grape vine that the team had their coaches exit interviews & as par for the course, everyone on the team was at fault for the shi**y season except the great all & mighty Lamb & Evjen. From talks around the city & the Iplex, I think I speak for the greater %age of the share holders & sasson ticket holders when I say that for the sake of the future Bronco franchise our board of directors must do something in the off sesson to correct their grave error 0f caricature judgement used when hiring both Lamb & Evjen. Any comments. As for me back to the grind, See ya all after camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangler View Post
    Hey bloggers I've been busy for the past week, what's shaken.. no threads since Sunday, how come, everyone still getting over the final game??. Bummer!! good to hear that the team fought back to tie in the final frame only to drop a 4-3 loss in the dieing seconds. It was great to hear that the 4th line got a LITTLE more ice time & Howorko got his first goal. Good on him and on his line for playing as a team. Maybe this will wake Lamb & Tonto up for next yr. Oh darn, almost forgot they won't be back next yr... Also heard through the grape vine that the team had their coaches exit interviews & as par for the course, everyone on the team was at fault for the shi**y season except the great all & mighty Lamb & Evjen. From talks around the city & the Iplex, I think I speak for the greater %age of the share holders & sasson ticket holders when I say that for the sake of the future Bronco franchise our board of directors must do something in the off sesson to correct their grave error 0f caricature judgement used when hiring both Lamb & Evjen. Any comments. As for me back to the grind, See ya all after camp.
    Does Lamb not know that the performance of the team starts and ends with the coaching staff. Why do you think so many coaches are fired; you can't fire the whole team. If he is not taking any responsibility for this season then he should be let go pronto. He is the G.M. and as such had ample opportunities to trade for his kind of players. If he is blaming it on everyone else; he is not giving much of an endorsement to Jamie Porter who is responsible for the drafting of these guys. He had no head coaching experience and zip for G.M. experience and yet was hired. Go figure. Only in Broncoville!

Firing Mark Lamb would be like trying to stop a severe laceration with a band aid. This whole organization is in need of an overhaul. Start with the board of directors. Most of them are businessmen which is good for that side of the team but most don't have any more hockey knowledge then the rest of us. I have been told that all trades have to go to the board and I am pretty sure they are protecting the community loved players. Secondly our scouting has been terrible for years. Eakin is the only player they have drafted in a long time that turned out to be something big. As for Lamb, he is a very intense coach and that generally doesn't go well when you are trying to ride a veteran group thats as soft as ours is. If our players played with the intensity of our coach (ie. peddle) we would be in the playoffs and not having this conversation. Lamb may go or he may stay but if we are going to blow this up lets blow it up good. The whole organization is in need of a culture change right from the top down. Lets get back to some hard working physical hockey instead of the be lazy and depend on skill that we don't have type of hockey we have seen over the last few years.
    Last edited by ol' skool; 03-22-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ol' skool View Post
    Firing Mark Lamb would be like trying to stop a severe laceration with a band aid. This whole organization is in need of an overhaul. Start with the board of directors. Most of them are businessmen which is good for that side of the team but most don't have any more hockey knowledge then the rest of us. I have been told that all trades have to go to the board and I am pretty sure they are protecting the community loved players. Secondly our scouting has been terrible for years. Eakin is the only player they have drafted in a long time that turned out to be something big. As for Lamb, he is a very intense coach and that generally doesn't go well when you are trying to ride a veteran group thats as soft as ours is. If our players played with the intensity of our coach (ie. peddle) we would be in the playoffs and not having this conversation. Lamb may go or he may stay but if we are going to blow this up lets blow it up good. The whole organization is in need of a culture change right from the top down. Lets get back to some hard working physical hockey instead of the be lazy and depend on skill that we don't have type of hockey we have seen over the last few years.
    Sounds good to me. As far as all trades having to go through the Board; if true is absolutely ludicrous. Why have a G.M. Oh yeah, we don't have a qualified G.M.

I would agree that we havnt had much draft success as of late

So as rotten as it is to talk bad of the team I cheer for, or make that the coach, it looks like Lamb is here to stay for another year. I hope he learned from this year as I am going to have to start next year with a clean slate and not keep critisizing this coach. Hope he is able to deal with and encourage all the young talent we are about to aquire, and I can post positive comments instead of all the negatives I saw last season. The excitement for next year will build as the summer moves on and I am going to have to support this team no matter what even if it means biting my tongue and supporting this coach.

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

I don't know everything that happened with SC this season, but to me, it seemed like once Eakin was traded, things went downhill in a hurry. Was it unexpected though? Not at all..

Just like most teams that trade away their best player (and one of the club's best ever), the motivation to keep going is tough to keep! SC started the season well and were doing great until Eakin left for the WJHC (and then traded weeks later). It's almost like Ovechkin getting traded... you think Washington would keep winning?

The GM got the best return package (perhaps in history) possible for Eakin!! I think the future looks bright for SC, whether it's with Lamb or someone else.