Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 20 Year Olds in 2011/2012

Default 20 Year Olds in 2011/2012

What's your guess for our 20 yo positions next year. We have: Mitchell, Davidson, Bidlevskii & Ketlo. Kelto is not 20 yo roster spot material (and when was the last time the Pats had a 20 yo goalie?). If Mitchell and/or Davidson make the Capitals/Oilers farm systems that leaves Bidlevskii with one spot. Lang would have to trade for the other 2. Who out there has a surplus of 19 yo's this year?
    ________
    Live Sex Webshows
    Last edited by dsquared; 08-29-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Default twenty year olds

interesting dlimemma !! The first move would be Ketlo to the Prince George Cougars.I heard on the radio that Ketlo gets a min. of 500 of his own fans out to games whenever he plays in Prince George as he lives nearby in Fort Fraser.I would like to see the others return to gain confidence ,and for a chance to succeed before they begin their pro careers.If Teubert is perceived to have struggled in pro hockey , then really why hurry these players along.Let them develop confidence and mature and develop physically.

It looking more like the Oilers could be intent on keeping Davidson in junior.

Along with the Teubert trade at the deadline, I went on TSN ca today and noticed the Oilers signed a 22 year old College defenceman to play in the A next year.

So thats two more guys that likely have spots over Davidson. It is still not a sure thing that Davidson returns as a 20, but the odds have increased today.

That being said, I think Mitchell's continued improved play might mean he could be gone next year.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk View Post
    That being said, I think Mitchell's continued improved play might mean he could be gone next year.
    Well he needs to get a contract 1st & even then it doesnt assure him a spot in Hershey..... WSH is very careful with there prospects & as much as i like Mitchell as a heart & soul guy playing in the AHL at age 20 wont help his development at all.

Mitchell has been playing great lately, he has been actually scoring on his chances more as well. Playing with Weal is great for Mitchell & im sure WSH will look at that as well for next season. Mitchell has had a strong season as a 19yr old should, but he still needs to work on being more consistant on a nightly basis (offensively i mean) the ice time Mitchell will receive in the WHL next year cant be forgotten during his assessment by WSH as it is he plays in every situation & since xmas has been having very good success.

As for Davidson, I think alot will tell after our season is done. Be it if we squeek into the playoffs (which i hope but doubt) he will be sent to AHL as soon as our season is done & depends if he has any success there. The guy has really turned into 1 of the top Dmen in our conference, not bad for a 18yrold list player last year.

Next season we could have 3 very solid 20yr olds, not elite 20yr olds but guys that work hard each & every shift (the same cant be said for 2 of our 3 we have this year)

i happen to like our 20s, as they each bring positive qualities to our lineup that you want to rub off on younger guys. They arent perfect but you dont need guys that are going to be gone next year doing all the leg work anyways...unless you are going for the memorial cup.

As for mitchell you are right about the contract. I think its a given but you never do know until its done. Keep in mind that mitchell probably wont ever be relied on for scoring in pros, so numbers hardly matter. But theres still no need to rush him.

I remember Ian schultz was a similar playre(except that guy was an enormous diver but thats beside the point) and he went to pros instead of returning as an OA. Different organizations, and surely other factors...so I guess we will see.

besides, I think Reider could fill in for Mitchell just fine if he did leave...

If the Oilers sign Davidson he will be in OKC if not he will be back in Regina for a year. Is Mitchell signed?

Next season we could have 3 very solid 20yr olds, not elite 20yr olds but guys that work hard each & every shift (the same cant be said for 2 of our 3 we have this year)
    Amen, Brother

i happen to like our 20s, as they each bring positive qualities to our lineup that you want to rub off on younger guys
    I don't mean to sound critical but what qualities are you looking at??

In this case the stats don't lie:
    Neigum is a -30 and spends more time posturing against 18 year olds than he does playing hockey. There is no doubt that he has skill and has shown it on occation. But, he spends too much time in the box on suspect penalities (more notably instigators).
    Reddin is a -30. I orginally thought that Reddin was lazy but he was playing well in October and November and my opinion changed. But sometime after the trade deadline, he gave up on this team. 5 points in 2 months with 2nd line minutes?
    Schneider -47! Enough said.

Reddin and Neigum play 2nd line minutes and the Pats coaches have tried to make this their 'checking line'. I would assume that your 20's should be your better players and come out on the better end of most battles. Night in and Night out this line is out played.

Going into next year ...
    I don't think that Ketlo is a 20 year old goalie in this league. He hasn't showed that he can play that high level game on a consistant enough bases.

For Davidson and Mitchell it will depend on how they do if they get the call this spring. Mitchell needs to sign (and Washington has some interest), Davidson doesn't. If Washington signs Mitchell they may decide to put him in the ECHL, but time will tell.

I don't know if the Pats will have room for both Davidson and Bidlevski (with Peel, Burroughs and Williams on the way in).

The Pats will need some help on the frontend. without a doubt the soon to be 16 year olds will be a great addition, but there are not enough 18 and 19 year olds on this team that can play in the Dub.

Quote Originally Posted by dsquared View Post
    ... Who out there has a surplus of 19 yo's this year?
    According to "Small Thoughts At Large" Medicine Hat & Tri-City both have 9 19 yo's while Kootenay, Prince Albert & Swift Current each have 7 19 yo's.

http://smallatlarge.blogspot.com/201...-deadline.html

Im looking at some of the small positive qualities that rub off on younger players. For the most part they dont take shifts off, and played in all situations without carrying the team.

I gotta say what I like most about Neigum is his feistiness(though obviously he loses it sometimes), and appears to be a good leader on the ice. Im not sure if playing clutch is a quality that can rub off but theres that too. While though Reddin hasnt been great for a few games, you can say the same about alot of players lately. Overall this year though, Id say Reddin has still been pretty good. Blocks alot of shots, and plays well with young guys. He was definitely worth the 6th round pick, Id say, as was Neigum who was a throw-in.

Scheider is an average all around defenceman. Nothing special, though I think the minus -47 doesnt tell the whole story. Infact this stat rarely does. Most of these players were acquired for next to nothing, and there was a reason that was the case...but I think they overall were good investments(even Schneider. our defence was a mess before he came).

Default goalie

What will they do with the Goalie situation, will Hewitt be the starter next year?