Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 20 Year Olds in 2011/2012

He definitely earned it. At the very least, this is to secure his rights. Still a long road to climb though.

He was one of the few non star pats that has steadily improved his game over the years. Like Teubert, you wont know how bad the team will miss what he brings until hes gone.

Id say they keep him in pro next year. Even if he doesnt make the AHL next year, theres a possibility they put him in the ECHL. Because its not like they are going to rely on him for scoring or anything if he ever plays on the big club.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk View Post
    Id say they keep him in pro next year. Even if he doesnt make the AHL next year, theres a possibility they put him in the ECHL. Because its not like they are going to rely on him for scoring or anything if he ever plays on the big club.
    I agree with u there SAJ altho it would be the worst move the Caps could do for his development. Playing in the ECHL the level of play there is no better then the CHL's level of play. Washington is pretty careful with how there prospects develop, & you are right its not like they are going to rely on him to score so a player of his type would be best off for another year of junior.

Its not like Mitchell has accomplished anything in junior hockey yet, so another year here would be for his benefit. Look at a guy like Brouwer the guy was nothing until his 20yr old season. Now im not saying Mitchell will put up a 100pt season like Brouwer did in his 20yr old season, but look at how another season of junior helped get Brouwer where he is now. If it wasnt for Brouwer's dominating season he wouldnt be in the NHL today cuz the guy wasnt playing with alot of confidence during his 19yr old season.

Troy Brouwer http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...27&encode=TRUE
    Garrett Mitchell http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=98631

I just think it would be a big mistake on WSH behalf to keep Mitchell in pro hockey next season. Yes Mitchell will want to be in pro hockey but to get the most out of his development he needs another year of junior. He isnt lights out by any means when he gets the puck in junior now.

I am a huge Mitchell supporter I wish more players in this league played with his heart & work ethic. It would be a huge blow to a rebuilding Pats team if WSH does keep him in pro hockey next season.