Thread: Sens sign Wacey Hamilton....great move...

Default Sens sign Wacey Hamilton....great move...

After seeing Tyler Johnson sign with Tampa, now seeing Hamilton sign with Ottawa, two great moves by both teams. Both were flew under the radar, both turned in to solid WHL players and going to two good NHL teams.

TIGERS' HAMILTON SIGNS WITH NHL'S SENATORS
    Tuesday March 08, 2011

Medicine Hat, AB – Medicine Hat Tigers are pleased to announce this afternoon 20-year-old team captain Wacey Hamilton has signed an entry level contract with the NHL’s Ottawa Senators.

The native of Cochrane, AB said, “It's a very exciting time for myself but I'm happy to get it kind of over and done with to just allow myself to focus on the team and going deep into the playoffs.”

“It's been a long time coming. My first couple seasons were pretty tough but I kept pushing and working towards signing a contract and today is bittersweet as far as proving a lot of people wrong Hopefully my story can sort of inspire some other kids who go under the radar for a long time and remind them to keep pushing towards their goals,” stated Hamilton.

“There were other teams that offered sort of the same thing but we felt Ottawa was a really good fit. They are kind of rebuilding right now, so maybe there's a bit more of an opportunity to get called up and make an impact at a younger age. In the end my family and agent and I all felt it was the best fit,” commented Hamilton.

“Now that it's done, I can finally get back to work. Everyone around the organization knows that the players have two goals, and that's to sign a pro contract and win the championship and the Memorial Cup. So now that I have one of those out of the way I'm hungry to work towards a long playoff run and winning a championship.”

“Our owners, the Masers, have given me the opportunities and the tools I needed to be successful in the WHL and they've been outstanding as far as supporting the team, so I'd like to thank them first and foremost.”

“Willie Desjardins was huge for me. I probably wouldn't be a Medicine Hat Tiger if he didn't make the trip up to my house a few summers ago to recruit me. He gave me a lot of opportunity as far as ice time and development and stuff like that.

Wacey also would like to thank his agent, his family, of course his teammates and everyone in the Tigers’ organization.

“I think it's a great day for Wacey, said Tigers’ general manager Brad McEwen. “You see a young guy that's worked his tail off to become what he is and that's probably his best quality. He's a great team guy, he’s got all the qualities that make players and teams successful.”

“He approaches everything...practices, workouts, games all with a professional attitude and wants to get better and you see the results.”

“He was not a high profile guy when he came into our league and he's made himself into what he is and we're just real excited about the opportunity that he has.”

“He brings a workmanlike attitude everyday to practice and games and I'm sure that's what they see. He can help them build depth in their organization and I think they got a real good one. We wish Wacey all the best on his professional career with Ottawa.” concluded McEwen.

Way to go Wacey ! Another dub player signed
    GO WARRIORS GO