View Poll Results: Who will be the top under 20 goalie in the WHL next season?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Matt Keetley

5 11.36%
  • Tyler Plante

6 13.64%
  • Derek Yeomans

4 9.09%
  • Taylor Dakers

3 6.82%
  • Carey Price

6 13.64%
  • Justin Pogge

3 6.82%
  • Devan Dubnyk

6 13.64%
  • Kyle Moir

5 11.36%
  • Alex Archibald

2 4.55%
  • Dustin Slade

4 9.09%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best Goalie in the WHL next season?

Default Best Goalie in the WHL next season?

Not including 20's, who will be the top WHL goalie?

Here are the stats for 2004.

PLAYER SV% GGA
    Matt Keetley .908 2.27
    Tyler Plante .911 2.94
    Derek Yeomans .929 1.82
    Taylor Dakers NO STATS LISTED ON WHL.com
    Carey Price .937 2.22
    Justin Pogge .9.28 1.94
    Devan Dubnyk .866 3.64
    Kyle Moir could not find stats
    Alex Archibald NO STATS LISTED ON WHL.com
    Dustin Slade not fair to use BCHL stats

One thing I find odd, maybe I'm biased, is niether PG goalie is on the list. As a rookie Real Cyr had a .901sv% and a 2.80GGA, while Bowles came in at the trade deadline and still posted a .904sv% and 2.77GGA. Not stand out stats by anyones maesure, but still not bad for a young team that had a very hard time finding the win column most nights. I can see, with a large maesure of optimism, that one or both of the Cougs stoppers will be in the top 10, maybe even top 5 next year.
    I understand this is a rebuilding year, but come on boys!!

Alot of your stats are wrong dude. I think there all wrong oh well If people want the real stats they can look it up themselfs. I'm no ones gopher.

Quote Originally Posted by Sput
    One thing I find odd, maybe I'm biased, is niether PG goalie is on the list. As a rookie Real Cyr had a .901sv% and a 2.80GGA, while Bowles came in at the trade deadline and still posted a .904sv% and 2.77GGA. Not stand out stats by anyones maesure, but still not bad for a young team that had a very hard time finding the win column most nights. I can see, with a large maesure of optimism, that one or both of the Cougs stoppers will be in the top 10, maybe even top 5 next year.
    Real Cyr is an excellent goalie. He was great as a Prince Albert Minto AAA. I hope and think he will be a dark horse and have a great year. Not only is he a great goalie but he is a quality kid.
    From Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Sput
    Here are the stats for 2004.

PLAYER SV% GGA
    Matt Keetley .908 2.27
    Tyler Plante .911 2.94
    Derek Yeomans .929 1.82
    Taylor Dakers NO STATS LISTED ON WHL.com
    Carey Price .937 2.22
    Justin Pogge .9.28 1.94
    Devan Dubnyk .866 3.64
    Kyle Moir could not find stats
    Alex Archibald NO STATS LISTED ON WHL.com
    Dustin Slade not fair to use BCHL stats

here is taylor dakers stats from hockeydb.com. he has shown a great improvment from the previous years stats, so if he can improve on last years stats hell be right at the top im sure!
    http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=73449
    Cranbrook's own, Kootenay ICE 1998 to 2012, 2011 WHL CHAMPIONS!!!
    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP'S!!

Should I keep doing this? Make like a top 10 goalie then move on to d-men and forwards after? If so just say yes and nominate who should be added to the poll. I am thinking Top 10 Goalies, 20 D-men and 30 forwards? Or we can cut it in half. It will be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabes
    Should I keep doing this? Make like a top 10 goalie then move on to d-men and forwards after? If so just say yes and nominate who should be added to the poll. I am thinking Top 10 Goalies, 20 D-men and 30 forwards? Or we can cut it in half. It will be fun.
    If you do that I would like to nominate for a top forward(center) though he is smaller I really like this guy:
    Ryan russell-kootenay Ice, with 32 goals and 21 assists for 53 points in 66 games,

And for a D-man i would like to see his twin brother Kris Russell-Medicine Hat Tigers with 26 goals and 35 assists for 61 points in 72 games.

These two brothers were amongst the leaders in scoring for their respective teams and not one got an invite to the top prospects game.

way to go Russells
    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP'S!!

The russels are good but small you know scouts like the size I hope The russels get a shot cause they are pretty good for 17 year olds.

yes they are both awesome players, I agree that size can matter though, And also I thought the same thing watching Kris, he should be a forward, but for his size he is a great defenceman, they can both really put the wheels in motion in a hurry too. I remeber last season here in Cranbrook the two of them squared off at center ice and went at it. Im not talking like brothers either! these two swung it out in a great fight, obviously well matched to boot. that was awesome, and to top it off they fought again in Medicine Hat, maybe for the crowds i guess but it was good.
    Ryan could have scored 20 more Goals had he elected to use his great shot more often, he had countless oportunities all year but he's not selfish and goes for the pass like Nigel Dawes does so well.

Speaking of Dawes, if he for some miracle unknown returns to the WHL for one more season to toughen up more due to his size, look for him to be a league leader again and probly one of the best forwards in the league.
    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP'S!!

I went with who I believe will be the starting goaltender at the world junior championships in Vancouver, Devin Dubnyk. I think the Blazers will have better defense in front of him and he will have a chance to get better numbers.

.866 and 3.64, poor guy was alone out there.
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php