Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Next season

Default Next season

So what Is this team going to look like next season?
    Do we need to make any trades?
    What should be the strongest part of the team?

Next years team will be very very good again

Hamilton i heard is 50/50 to come back 20 year old spots will be taken by Trask Dziurzynski and either Hamilton or Morrison

Hamilton Benson Trask
    Nicholls Olsen Dziurzynski
    Collins Sutter Stransky
    Bews Daae A.Elliott
    Stovin

Siemens Dietz
    Thrower Cox
    Stipancik Europeon
    Pichonski

Oswald
    Todd/or Euro

Without Hamilton

Nicholls Benson Trask
    Dziurzynski Olsen Collins
    Stransky Sutter Bews
    A.Elliott Daae Stovin
    Penner

Siemens Deitz
    Thrower Cox
    Stipancik Euro
    Pichonski

Morrison
    Oswald/Todd

Quote Originally Posted by saskatoonman View Post
    So what Is this team going to look like next season?
    Do we need to make any trades?
    What should be the strongest part of the team?
    So what Is this team going to look like next season? very good offensive again goaltending is a question mark if Hamilton comes back, little weaker at the center position, and can deitz or siemens lead this team on the PP with Eliott gone

Do we need to make any trades? Yes maybe a top line center or a Goalie if Morrison doesn't come back

What should be the strongest part of the team? Puck moving defense good young talent and vets that know how to lead this team into a playoff spot no question about it.

Haha, Hamilton WILL NOT be back next year. The guy will be AHL eligible and will surely be playing a 3rd or 4th line role in OkC with the Oil farm club.

I think the lines look something like this.

Z - Benson - Nicholls
    Collins - Olsen - Trask
    Bews - Sutter - Stransky
    XX - XX - Elliott

Siemens - Dietz
    Cox - Thrower
    Stipancik - XX

Morrison
    Oswald

The 20's being Z, Trask and Mo.

I wouldn't say that's "very very good". The team will surely address a couple of areas and likely try to add another 18 year old or two.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdog-pocket View Post
    Haha, Hamilton WILL NOT be back next year. The guy will be AHL eligible and will surely be playing a 3rd or 4th line role in OkC with the Oil farm club.

I think the lines look something like this.

Z - Benson - Nicholls
    Collins - Olsen - Trask
    Bews - Sutter - Stransky
    XX - XX - Elliott

Siemens - Dietz
    Cox - Thrower
    Stipancik - XX

Morrison
    Oswald

The 20's being Z, Trask and Mo.

I wouldn't say that's "very very good". The team will surely address a couple of areas and likely try to add another 18 year old or two.
    Well i heard from a very very reliable source Hamilton is 50/50 same situation as Viedensky was this year, The Oilers want him to come back to Junior and dominate 1 more season not, to mention he had a late draft so it is not out of the question at all

Nah Hamilton is going to the AHL next year and with how bad the bottom six is in Edmonton he could get a late season callup if his AHL season is strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Clark View Post
    Nah Hamilton is going to the AHL next year and with how bad the bottom six is in Edmonton he could get a late season callup if his AHL season is strong.
    People were saying the same thing about Marek last year and i said you'll see so i stand by that comment

There is a good chance Hamilton actually makes Edmonton next year

Prized prospect
    2nd round pick
    Huge year in Junior and World Junior member

=

Not coming back as a 20 year old

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    Well i heard from a very very reliable source Hamilton is 50/50 same situation as Viedensky was this year, The Oilers want him to come back to Junior and dominate 1 more season not, to mention he had a late draft so it is not out of the question at all
    Reliable source or not, decisions like that can't possibly be "50/50" right now. Stuff like that doesn't get pre-decided. If he's 50/50 next fall, then come talk to me.

I can see the Blades going and getting a center for the top line, just don't think Benson is ready to be the top center, could be wrong.

The forwards will be young with Trask, DD, Nicholls and Collins leading the way. 2 20's and 2 19's there. Then you got Stransky, Benson, Elliott, Bews, Olsen joined by rookies Brett Stovin, Hudson Morrison and Austin Daae who were late cuts. So you got 12 forwards there.

I can see the Blades picking an import forward to join Stransky, do they go young and hope they get a guy that turns out like Stransky has in his first year or do you try and get an older player and hope theirs no contract issues? My hope is a 18 yr old nhl drafted center who can center the top two lines.

Defense, not to worried bout that with Dietz, Cox, Siemens and Thrower being the top four, joined by Stimpancik who I think will turn out good, the final two spots I can see going to Mackin Pichonsky, a 95 born d-man who did well in his midget league and Turner Lawson if he decides to commit to the Blades. Michael Statchuk could also be in the mix. Mite actually be worth getting a decent 5th 6th d-man from somewhere for cheap, if there's not a couple youngsters ready for regular shifts.

Goaltending is a question mark? Not to keen on Morrison being the starter but ill give him a chance. Oswald and Todd likely battling for backup.