Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Next season

Next year is interesting. They could be strong but if they're struggling I wonder if they look at moving guys that won't be around the following year to try and retool for the memorial cup if they end up hosting it.

Lol you guys are crazy. The Blades are gonna be brutal next season. Hamilton is NOT gonna come back as a 20, seriously... use your head.
    BLEED BLUE

So i guess you know more than a few Oilers scouts ive chatted with at a few Blades games ok you are right

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    So i guess you know more than a few Oilers scouts ive chatted with at a few Blades games ok you are right
    Like I said before, scouts aren't the ones that make that final decision bubs. And even if they have a BIG say in it, there is no way that they can say "it's 50/50 right now". That decision won't be made til next fall until Hamilton goes to Oil camp and performs in front of their brass.

Are Brayden Schenn's rights worth anything? I really, really doubt he will be playing anywhere but in LA next year. But could the Blades possibly trade up in the Import Draft by trading his rights to say a Calgary or something?

On the flip side, would the Blades want to hang on to his rights for the off-chance that he somehow ends up in the WHL? Since I think he will be AHL eligible, I doubt the Kings would send him back to the WHL and would send him to Manchester (or if they really thought he needed work Ontario in the ECHL). If he doesn't stick in LA, I could actually see him go to the WHL. The Kings are incredibly deep with youngsters in both LA and Manchester. If Brayden Schenn isn't going to stick in LA. The Kings might want to allow him a full season to dominate the WHL (and he is still World Junior eligible I believe), instead of being a 3rd or 4th liner in Manchester. I don't see Ontario being a viable option since the WHL is more deeper with the NHL prospects than the ECHL, where aside from the odd goalie, most players are not going to make the NHL from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
    Are Brayden Schenn's rights worth anything? I really, really doubt he will be playing anywhere but in LA next year. But could the Blades possibly trade up in the Import Draft by trading his rights to say a Calgary or something?

On the flip side, would the Blades want to hang on to his rights for the off-chance that he somehow ends up in the WHL? Since I think he will be AHL eligible, I doubt the Kings would send him back to the WHL and would send him to Manchester (or if they really thought he needed work Ontario in the ECHL). If he doesn't stick in LA, I could actually see him go to the WHL. The Kings are incredibly deep with youngsters in both LA and Manchester. If Brayden Schenn isn't going to stick in LA. The Kings might want to allow him a full season to dominate the WHL (and he is still World Junior eligible I believe), instead of being a 3rd or 4th liner in Manchester. I don't see Ontario being a viable option since the WHL is more deeper with the NHL prospects than the ECHL, where aside from the odd goalie, most players are not going to make the NHL from there.
    If i was you id give my head a shake.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidball View Post
    Lol you guys are crazy. The Blades are gonna be brutal next season. Hamilton is NOT gonna come back as a 20, seriously... use your head.
    Nope. They'll be average.

They certainly won't be as deep but I think they'll definitely still be a good team. All the guys are real young and playing great hockey right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post

Who cares about next year?

Keep your focus where it belongs, on this year and our boys going all the way!