Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Next season

Quote Originally Posted by Tidball View Post
    Lol you guys are crazy. The Blades are gonna be brutal next season. Hamilton is NOT gonna come back as a 20, seriously... use your head.
    Far from it actually, probably good for 5th or 6th in the conference.

I think the Blades will have a season similar to the Wheat Kings this year, finishing in the 5th-8th area. Junior hockey is cyclical (sp?) and the Wheaties rise started in 07-08, one year before the Blades did.

Regarding Schenn being back in the WHL next year, their is absolutely 0% chance of that happening. The only reason he was back this season was because he couldn't play in the AHL. During his 14 day conditioning stint in the AHL, he was a PPG player.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I think the Blades will have a season similar to the Wheat Kings this year, finishing in the 5th-8th area. Junior hockey is cyclical (sp?) and the Wheaties rise started in 07-08, one year before the Blades did.

Regarding Schenn being back in the WHL next year, their is absolutely 0% chance of that happening. The only reason he was back this season was because he couldn't play in the AHL. During his 14 day conditioning stint in the AHL, he was a PPG player.
    Ya WHL teams dare I say "rebuild" is Cyclical. Unless you trade your top 2 prospects, next years order of top 2 choices in the draft and the next. Lorne and Co will have to get creative!

They'll be fine, the 95 draft class wasn't very good for bantams.

I would be worried next year for the 97 class for first round or even this year to an extent in the 22nd overall pick...But really it isn't as much as what people seem to think.

Lorne has a plan, he'll pick the right couple players in the 3rd/4th and they'll turn out just fine, you'll see.

Angry

I think the plans were to try and win it all this year. I feel next years team will be good not first but in a playoff spot for sure. They will need to be a team, no stand outs, z, and the other 20's will have to be very strong leaders. Stransky and some of the others will take up a lot of slack as well. We will be fine our scouting staff will have their work cut out for them. Be patient teams like this don't come around every year, we will be fine

Lostsheep;

They aren't done yet!

Remember the Boston Red Sox over the Yankees a few years back. This is where the one game at a time slogan becomes key!

Deadly Guest

Default Choke

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Spy View Post
    Lostsheep;

They aren't done yet!

Remember the Boston Red Sox over the Yankees a few years back. This is where the one game at a time slogan becomes key!
    Guess what you guy's are done.
    I hope the fan who through the broom on the ice in game 1 against the Raiders kept an extra. ........The Schenn trade looks great now hahahaha....

Where would i find the PPL list and who is listed to be picked with our placment in the drafts? are there any late list players who would garner a look at?? im not at all in touch with how the bantam draft works

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Guess what you guy's are done.
    I hope the fan who through the broom on the ice in game 1 against the Raiders kept an extra. ........The Schenn trade looks great now hahahaha....
    always love it when among the first half dozen posts a newbie is bashing away. kinda sets the bar of what to expect.

what would you have molleken do? nothing? based on the team at the trade deadline moment fans would have been saying if not this season then when?

based on reaction to the second round exit, he's damned either way with the schenn trade, no? my choice would be to pay the price and take the chance too, it was then, and still is the right move.

Quote Originally Posted by wango tango View Post
    always love it when among the first half dozen posts a newbie is bashing away. kinda sets the bar of what to expect.

what would you have molleken do? nothing? based on the team at the trade deadline moment fans would have been saying if not this season then when?

based on reaction to the second round exit, he's damned either way with the schenn trade, no? my choice would be to pay the price and take the chance too, it was then, and still is the right move.
    I think the call came from above Lorne's head. It came down from the old man who wanted a cup know not potentialy 2013. the team was on a season long role why would you mess with chemistry 101. "Still the right move"? Agreed either way **** can happen in the playoffs. But, this way there's little to build with in the near future!