Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Year

Default Next Year

Just looking at the cupboards, to see how they are stocked. Looking at who has played, and what we received in the eakin deal. and who will be knocking on the door. Please submit your input.

Here it is

20's

Peddle, Hutt, Vause, Hoban, Wagner, Verdino. Who stays, who go's?

Returning guys, Forwards
    Magnus, Howorko, Bruce, Cameron, Lowry, Blanke, Bloom, Derko, Black. Do we trade any of these guys away?

Defensemen

Reum, Muth, Evans, Craig, Scarlett, Nedomlel, Aasman. Trades?

Goalies

Smith, Tendler. Do we need help in this department?

Players on the horizon

Zentner- grinder or goal scorer?
    Cave- playmaker or goal scorer?
    Mackay- a bit of everything!
    Gordon - playmaker or goal scorer
    Hopkins- grinder?
    Olson- goal scorer
    Heatherington - the real deal!
    Clark- ?
    Zinkan - another year of midget?

(am I missing anyone)

Let me know your thoughts. lets see what nextyear will look like.

that richardson kid will at least be at camp. Who knows if he is ready to play though, with his size?

for your 20s, Id keep Wagner for sure. Vause seems like a good player and team guy so with him that makes two...and normally Id suggest Verdino but I keep hearing that he isnt popular with the rest of the team, so if thats the case trade for another defenceman(OA, or a 19)

Though I wouldnt rule out Peddle, or Hutt if he comes to camp motivated. Hoban to me seems like he is more valuable to trade than to the team, while Hutt is the opposite and has next to no value...though he is capable of putting up 30 on his 'A' game. He is worth giving a shot, but you cant have too many shrimps as Lamb (should have) learned last year.

I would say keep Hoban and Vause, Vause is a heart and soul player i could see him being captain and trade for a dman

I can't see this team having a 20 defenseman this year. Even without Verdino there is still seven returning defensemen (Reum, Muth, Evans, Craig, Scarlett, Nedomlel, Aasman) plus Heatherington (who I think the teams wants in their top six next year). If anything I think that Aasman will be let go and maybe one of the 17's will be dealt to help in other areas.

Vause should be back IMO. I also like having one of Peddle/Wagner as I feel they could bring 15-20 goals when healthy. The other 20 spot will be filled outside the organizaton, or at least that is my feeling. Depending on how they feel about the tending situation that could be a hole filled with a 20?

One thing that I am expecting this offseason is a lot of movement with players. It would suprise me to see the team complete 4/5 trades prior to camp.

I hope they put Bloom & Black together then we could have the "Black & Bloom" line.

Speaking of a funny play on line combo's or dman pairings....

I was at a game in Prince Albert earlier this year and Siemens/Cox were a pairing and you can just guess what that PA fan said.

"HEY COX sucks SIEMENS" lol

imagine if Black and Bloom played with those guy.

"HEY COX sucks SIEMENS BLACK and BLOOM! lol

anyways, back to the hockey talk.

Icon32 2011-12 Broncos

However the team is put together next yr, two things must happen, the team MUST be developed so that they are able to play as a TEAM all 20 players, regular shifts PP/PK etc., get rid of the "top six" crap & the chosen few BS. AND, Lamb, if he stays around, MUST either change his attitude & become a players coach (not swear & scream at the young players on the bench) OR MOVE ON!!!!. Remember we are going to be in a rebuilding mode & we need a coach who is able to manage and develope young players not bring them down.

Tenders: IMO we should get a seasoned player at least 19 Yr old, bring smith & Tendler back to camp & see who earns the spot as back up.

D-Men: Evans, Craig, Scarlet, Nedomiel & Muth. Craig & Scarlett however have to learn when not to pick their fights, NOT after the whistle. Verdino will be 20 in Oct this yr he should be worth something as a trade.

Forwards: This is a tough one, we have Hoban who turned 20 in Jan, Peddle, Hutt & Wagner in Mar/Apr & Vause in Oct. IMO, trade Hoban & Wagner, keep Peddle, Hutt & Vause they all play with heart & passion + Lowry for sure. Cameron & Magnus could make a difference, Derko looks to be getting additional ice time in the past month & Howorko gets a few shifts. Can't speak for either Aasman or Bruce haven't see enough of them this yr don't know why. Black will also enter in the mix. With positive coaching from a good WHL coach, (not Lamb) these young players could make a very positive impact to this team as they all play their asses off and play with heart & passion. Come spring & fall camps, look at what's comming our way with the Eaken trade & our first draft pick as our reward for comming in last in the league, & our other prospects ie MacKay, Richerson if he shows up, Heatherington & Cave ????.

Anyway my 2 cents for what it's worth. Have to get back to work now calving time $$$$$ LOL. Have a great summer everyone & stay dry. See you all in Sep. GO BRONCOS NEVER EVER SAY NEVER!!

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    I would say keep Hoban and Vause, Vause is a heart and soul player i could see him being captain and trade for a dman
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    Hoban is way to soft and never goes into the dirty areas, he put up 51 points but also a very ugly -24!! I know alot of people would be very upset if he is one of our twenties next year.
    Vause had an ok season, I guess i just expected a little more from him. I never thought he would be the type of player to take nights off, but he did this season and a lot of times i even had to check the line up to see if he was playing or not. I know he is capable of a better season and hope to see him as a twenty year old next year.
    IMO, Peddle was the heart and soul of the team this year, from the drop of the puck to the final buzzer he gave 110% EVERY GAME! Crashes, bangs, kills penalties, goes into the dirty areas, blocks shots, can put up decent numbers, and will fight anyone.
    I would also like to see Verdino back. He can get under the skin of the opposition, plays with a chip on his shoulder, and could provide some leadership. But I also keep hearing that he doesn't want to be here.
    I really liked Wagner, but can we take a chance on him? Poor kid can't stay healthy!
    So Peddle(next years Captain), Vause and Verdino. If Verdino doesn't want to stay here, trade for another 20 dman.

On another note, I like everything about Lambs coaching style except he does need to play all four lines a little more. I understand them not getting as much ice time as a first liner, but could be used a little more. Any team works that way, a Jody Shelley isn't going to get as much ice as Jeff Carter! Lol. I love that he shows emotion on the bench and talks to his players when they come off the ice.
    Last edited by Flathead; 03-20-2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: add
    Always Remembered

Quote Originally Posted by Flathead View Post
    Hoban is way to soft and never goes into the dirty areas, he put up 51 points but also a very ugly -24!! I know alot of people would be very upset if he is one of our twenties next year.
    Vause had an ok season, I guess i just expected a little more from him. I never thought he would be the type of player to take nights off, but he did this season and a lot of times i even had to check the line up to see if he was playing or not. I know he is capable of a better season and hope to see him as a twenty year old next year.
    IMO, Peddle was the heart and soul of the team this year, from the drop of the puck to the final buzzer he gave 110% EVERY GAME! Crashes, bangs, kills penalties, goes into the dirty areas, blocks shots, can put up decent numbers, and will fight anyone.
    I would also like to see Verdino back. He can get under the skin of the opposition, plays with a chip on his shoulder, and could provide some leadership. But I also keep hearing that he doesn't want to be here.
    I really liked Wagner, but can we take a chance on him? Poor kid can't stay healthy!
    So Peddle(next years Captain), Vause and Verdino. If Verdino doesn't want to stay here, trade for another 20 dman.

On another note, I like everything about Lambs coaching style except he does need to play all four lines a little more. I understand them not getting as much ice time as a first liner, but could be used a little more. Any team works that way, a Jody Shelley isn't going to get as much ice as Jeff Carter! Lol. I love that he shows emotion on the bench and talks to his players when they come off the ice.
    He needs to play his 4th line a little more. Are you kidding me? He hardly played his 3rd line. As for Hoban being soft, what do you want, a goal scorer or a banger that gets 10 pts a season. You very seldom see both traits in a player. How soft was Gretzky? Definately agree Peddle should be captain next year. Not bad for a player Lamb didn't play last year. Every coach talks to his players on the bench. Yes Chynoweth did too; he just didn't scream and shout at them; that was left for the locker room. All the fans that said Dean didn't talk to his players; must have watched him the whole 60 minutes I guess and not the game. I hardly think so. Bring in Lorne Frey as G.M. and let him bring in his own coach. I guess that is provided Lamb leaves.