Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Next Year

Quote Originally Posted by Flathead View Post
    I love that he shows emotion on the bench and talks to his players when they come off the ice.
    Show emotion, definately, but you don't need to scream and swear at the player. Not called for. We definately need a seperate GM(Frey) so the coach has someone to answer to.

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SocnorB View Post
    He needs to play his 4th line a little more. Are you kidding me? He hardly played his 3rd line. As for Hoban being soft, what do you want, a goal scorer or a banger that gets 10 pts a season. You very seldom see both traits in a player. How soft was Gretzky? Definately agree Peddle should be captain next year. Not bad for a player Lamb didn't play last year. Every coach talks to his players on the bench. Yes Chynoweth did too; he just didn't scream and shout at them; that was left for the locker room. All the fans that said Dean didn't talk to his players; must have watched him the whole 60 minutes I guess and not the game. I hardly think so. Bring in Lorne Frey as G.M. and let him bring in his own coach. I guess that is provided Lamb leaves.
    Kidding me? Gretzky wouldn't have lasted in todays game, he couldn't of hid behind Semenko!! You can't even fairly use him as a comparision. Todays game is NOTHING like Gretzkys era. Take a look at todays NHLers, they all hit, get in the corners,go to the dirty areas and put up points. Heck even the Sedin sisters get in the corners, and along the boards, and work magic i might add! Ovechkin, Crosby, Carter, Stamkos, Perry, Toews, Iginla, etc...they all crash, bang and put up points! As for a banger that puts up ten points.............as long he's not a minus24, I'll take the ten points!
    Chynoweth was a joke behind the bench! Good ol' cardboard cutout himself! Very smart hockey mind, but not a junior hockey coach. You have to talk to your players as they are coming off the ice, you can't save it till the locker room, it loses all impact if you dont bring it up right away. Swearing? Really? Ewww, not a swear word! Lol. Lamb is emotional, and will probablly swear. Maybe he needs to work on constructive critisism, but we've all seen McCrimmon lose it on a player on his bench and we don't see Brandon fans whining about Kelly yelling and screaming. Anyways Lamb is here to stay and is a good coach that the kids like playing for.
    Always Remembered

Kidding me?Swearing? Really? Ewww, not a swear word! Lol. Lamb is emotional, and will probablly swear. Maybe he needs to work on constructive critisism, but we've all seen McCrimmon lose it on a player on his bench and we don't see Brandon fans whining about Kelly yelling and screaming. Anyways Lamb is here to stay and is a good coach that the kids like playing for.
    It's not so much the swear words he uses, I'm sure all the players use them themselves, it's how he uses them with 16 and 17 y/o kids. When a head coach starts calling them fffinng idiots it's just wrong . This isn't a beer league for that kind of criticism. If Lambchops is here to stay, expect more emty seats and the team gone within 5 years max.

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

Kidding me? Gretzky wouldn't have lasted in todays game, he couldn't of hid behind Semenko!! You can't even fairly use him as a comparision. Todays game is NOTHING like Gretzkys era. Take a look at todays NHLers, they all hit, get in the corners,go to the dirty areas and put up points. Heck even the Sedin sisters get in the corners, and along the boards, and work magic i might add! Ovechkin, Crosby, Carter, Stamkos, Perry, Toews, Iginla, etc...they all crash, bang and put up points! As for a banger that puts up ten points.............as long he's not a minus24, I'll take the ten points!
    Chynoweth was a joke behind the bench! Good ol' cardboard cutout himself! Very smart hockey mind, but not a junior hockey coach. You have to talk to your players as they are coming off the ice, you can't save it till the locker room, it loses all impact if you dont bring it up right away. Swearing? Really? Ewww, not a swear word! Lol. Lamb is emotional, and will probablly swear. Maybe he needs to work on constructive critisism, but we've all seen McCrimmon lose it on a player on his bench and we don't see Brandon fans whining about Kelly yelling and screaming. Anyways Lamb is here to stay and is a good coach that the kids like playing for.
    FYI, he did talk to the kids as they came off the bench.[/QUOTE] I don't know what games you were watching, unless you spent the whole game watching the coach. Todd McClellan never lost it on the bench, but lost it in the dressing room[/QUOTE] Where is he now? Somewhere Lamb will never be; headcoach in the NHL. But of course I didn't spend 60 minutes of the game watching what lamb does on the bench. How could anyone on the 3rd or 4th line enjoy playing for Lamb!

FYI, he did talk to the kids as they came off the bench.
    I don't know what games you were watching, unless you spent the whole game watching the coach. Todd McClellan never lost it on the bench, but lost it in the dressing room[/QUOTE] Where is he now? Somewhere Lamb will never be; headcoach in the NHL. But of course I didn't spend 60 minutes of the game watching what lamb does on the bench. How could anyone on the 3rd or 4th line enjoy playing for Lamb![/QUOTE]

One other thing. Who wasn't a minus on this team?

How do you know the kids like playing for him? Not mocking you, but it sure doesn't look like it on the ice!! Please tell me!! As a fan of the Broncos I think it would be a huge mistake to keep Lamb here!! He has completely lost public opinion and will be impossible for him to prove otherwise! I agree, if he stays, the Broncos will be gone!!! The board is gonna have to listen to the fans on this one and show us they care for "our" team too!

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by trucker View Post
    How do you know the kids like playing for him? Not mocking you, but it sure doesn't look like it on the ice!! Please tell me!! As a fan of the Broncos I think it would be a huge mistake to keep Lamb here!! He has completely lost public opinion and will be impossible for him to prove otherwise! I agree, if he stays, the Broncos will be gone!!! The board is gonna have to listen to the fans on this one and show us they care for "our" team too!
    Apparently one of the board members was heard saying; we have got to fix this thing. Doesn't sound like a real good endorsement for Lamb. We had better right this and right it soon or there will be no WHL in Swift. Sooner or later they will have to admit thet made a mistake; let's hope it is sooner!

I don't know what games you were watching, unless you spent the whole game watching the coach. Todd McClellan never lost it on the bench, but lost it in the dressing room
    Where is he now? Somewhere Lamb will never be; headcoach in the NHL. But of course I didn't spend 60 minutes of the game watching what lamb does on the bench. How could anyone on the 3rd or 4th line enjoy playing for Lamb![/QUOTE]

One other thing. Who wasn't a minus on this team?[/QUOTE]

McClellan did talk to his players as they came off the ice. Like a real coach does. He doesn't save everything for the dressing room.
    The only movement you got from Dean, was him pushing up his glasses. When Dean was here I did spend a lot of time watching him, you could have literally put a cardboard cut out of himself behind the bench and no one would have known any different! And Dean will never be a head coach in the NHL either.
    The Broncos will not be gone, we fought to hard to get them here, I'm sure the same fight will be put up to keep them here. We are all hardcore hockey fans on this forum and win or lose we will all be at the rink regardless of all the idle threats.
    When Dean was here and we were losing it was all the same,"fire the coach.....raa raa raw!" now different coach same thing from all the same people. Lamb will fine, give him time to make his team not Deans leftovers.
    Always Remembered

Kidding me? Gretzky wouldn't have lasted in todays game, he couldn't of hid behind Semenko!!
    Im not the most venerable or seasoned fan, and i know its a little off topic but Gretzky was a genius on the ice. If the players today can do succeed, then certainly the great one would be able to adapt and excel especially since this new game that is tailor made for shrimps on the powerplay, and all the added emphasis on offence.

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk View Post
    Im not the most venerable or seasoned fan, and i know its a little off topic but Gretzky was a genius on the ice. If the players today can do succeed, then certainly the great one would be able to adapt and excel especially since this new game that is tailor made for shrimps on the powerplay, and all the added emphasis on offence.
    Instigator rule and head shots, he wouldn't of lasted as long as Crosby has, not a chance!
    Always Remembered