Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Next Year

Well looking forward to future years, the Broncos have officially landed the 2nd pick in this years draft (lets hope it turns out better then Wudrick). SC also has the 13th pick (I believe) and of course the 24th pick (in the 2nd round) so we should be able to really stock the cupboards with some high quality talent. I have high expectations with the scouting staff to get some WHL talent, especially with three of the top twenty-four picks.

Iconcup Rebuilding

With the number of high picks the Broncos now have it would be nice to do a rebuild to make a run at a championship in a few years. (It's unrealistic to believe we could be a contender for at least 2-3 years in my opinion)
    I have heard fans talk about our team needs to be good each year in order to keep fans in the seats but such a strategy keeps you from ever having a powerhouse team.
    I think the fans extend some positive goodwill for a few years when they have had a first place contending team and understand there is a cycle of rebuilding for such a team.

I am tired of mediocre hockey year after year...let's get a contender!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quarter Century Fan View Post
    With the number of high picks the Broncos now have it would be nice to do a rebuild to make a run at a championship in a few years. (It's unrealistic to believe we could be a contender for at least 2-3 years in my opinion)
    I have heard fans talk about our team needs to be good each year in order to keep fans in the seats but such a strategy keeps you from ever having a powerhouse team.
    I think the fans extend some positive goodwill for a few years when they have had a first place contending team and understand there is a cycle of rebuilding for such a team.

I am tired of mediocre hockey year after year...let's get a contender!!
    I think with a solid scouting staff you can be in the hunt every year. Look at the Med Hat's, Calgary (save this year), Vancouver or even Brandon. It is possible if you can find late round gems in every draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Toswammi View Post
    Well looking forward to future years, the Broncos have officially landed the 2nd pick in this years draft (lets hope it turns out better then Wudrick). SC also has the 13th pick (I believe) and of course the 24th pick (in the 2nd round) so we should be able to really stock the cupboards with some high quality talent. I have high expectations with the scouting staff to get some WHL talent, especially with three of the top twenty-four picks.
    Remember our scouts records from previous drafts. Don't hold your breath!

Quote Originally Posted by Toswammi View Post
    I think with a solid scouting staff you can be in the hunt every year. Look at the Med Hat's, Calgary (save this year), Vancouver or even Brandon. It is possible if you can find late round gems in every draft.
    We can't even find gems in the first round let alone in the later rounds. We need a G.M. that knows the league and a director of scouting with a proven track record; something we have not had in eons.

If Mullins podcast is any indication the team is looking at picking up a Euro tender in the import draft.

When is our first pick in the euro draft? I take it we'll just be picking one euro. Too bad ortio wouldn't report to Swift Current eh?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGeorge View Post
    When is our first pick in the euro draft? I take it we'll just be picking one euro. Too bad ortio wouldn't report to Swift Current eh?
    I think sixth overall.

I think Richardson will go to camp, hope he plays for Swift Current, kids potential is definetly there, I think he can develop quicker in the WHL then the NCAA.

Here are the 20 year olds I think the Broncos will keep:

Vause
    Hoban
    Verdino

I cant see Peddle making the team... As much as I like Peddle, I cant see the team keeping 3 20 year old forwards with the young depth we have on forward.. I think the team will want to develop some of the young forwards and having 3 overage forwards I cant see working...