Thanks for the info Hockey Spy. A couple of them sound like players I hope the Canes draft this year. Preston said he'll "likely" take one Fwd and one D-man with the first two. Pilon and Virtanen?? They sound good! With the details you mentioned about Simpson and Oleksyn, those must be the pre-season ISS rankings eh? With the size factor, I wonder if ISS's scouts are using more pro-NHL ratings as opposed to pro-WHL...
If you aren't one yourself, you must know a number of scouts, you sound very knowledgable with the Bantam crops! I don't get to see the players from outside of Alberta much. Reid Duke looked great when I saw him but that's just in one province. Virtanen from BC and Pilon from Sask also sound great!

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Spy View Post
One player who could be taken high that isn`t on this list is Taylor Fisher from Winnipeg. If his skating would improve he`d be a force. Led all Winnipeg bantam dmen in scoring and is 6`2 220lb already. I`m also a bit surprised they don`t have Ryan Gropp on the list from Kamloops.
Wow - I was a good size back in grade 9 but no where near 6'2 220lb!! Unreal!

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
Do you have a link to that list? Was Merkley on the list?
No, I just saw it in their NHL prospects magazine last week. He was the only WHL area kid named for the 2013 draft, one of just 3 guys they named. Obviously a long ways away from now though!