Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 WHL Draft

Psst, Forchuk would be a nice choice in the later rounds. Nice complimentary type player down the road. Think Tyler Johnson. Small, speedy, all around game.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Quote Originally Posted by ZAMBONI-PHONEY View Post
    Well I only got two right in the first 5 picks...both the Hurricanes. I was surprised too that Calgary did not take Martin.

I took in a lot of the Alberta Cup games and the fwd that stood out the most was Reid Duke. Lot of good Alberta players left for the second round.

I know they like Wong but he will likely go later. Wonder if they go after the
    kid from LA with their 29th pick overall.

Hit the Road Jack

Would be suprised if Leth went this early (I assume you are talking about him, played AAA in Lethbridge this year from Taber I think). I like Leth tons but I wonder if he isn't a little bit later down the draft table. He is quick, incredibly fast.

Kolton Olynek is your second.

<3 pick 26!
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

There goees Leth to swift.

Who's the winger taken with pick29? I've never heard any talk on him. Hoping that Robson knows what he's doing.

Couple thoughts: kelly mac obviously liked what he saw at the AB Cup. Two players from the games he was watching are now Wheat Kings. Also, Quenville went 54? That's way lower than projected.

Tyler Wong in the 5th. Hey if he ever gets interested he has a pure scorers touch but all of my viewings of him were similar to the player who was in the alberta cup. Tons of talent but just seems bored and unwilling to compete at the level necessary to be as good as he can be.

Ugh. You are bang on B Randon. I suspect the canes are taking a flyer on the upside and not the downside since they have picks galore.

Default Just for the sake of interest.

The Hurricanes were talking about Wong during the Alberta Cup. When I talked to BR he said that Wong could be one of those later round steals. They also have their eyes on a player from LA, maybe he is next.

Alberta Cup is a good showcase of talent. Just looking at the list of players
    on the teams that played here. 12 were taken in the 1st round, 4 were taken in the 2nd round, 6 were taken in the 3rd round, 8 were taken in the 4th round and 3 were chosen in the 5th round.

So far after 5 rounds the winning team Calgary South Flames had the most selected (9) including 4 in the 1st round.

Hit the road Jack!