Saskatoon over PA in 7 - A first place team scare is nothing new
    Red Deer over Edm in 4 - Rally around Cowen return
    Brandon over Hat in 6 - upset of first round
    Kootenay over Moose Jaw in 5 - Goaltending will be the difference
    Guess i will try this too

Saskatoon over P.A in 5 Raider fans should be happy with 1 home win
    Red Deer over Edmonton in 5 same thing as the Blades series
    Med Hat over Brandon in 7 Very high scoring last goal wins
    Moose Jaw over Kootenay in 6 the rough and tough Warriors to much for the smaller Ice

First of all, the CHL is offering prizes if you can pick the most series right in each of the leagues across the CHL. Here is the link: http://www.driveforthecup.com/?utm_s...paign=Prestone

My Picks
    Prince Albert at Saskatoon
    -Saskatoon (4)
    Saskatoon has simply too much playoff experience at about 180 games to the Raiders 38. The high end depth of Saskatoon and the Blades trio of Elliott, Siemens, Zahn will prove too much for PA. Blades also have the edge in goal by a good margain. Can PA stop Schenn, Viedensky, Nicholls, Hamilton and the Blades league leading offence. PA has a few guys that can score but it looks very light compared to the Blades.

Edmonton at Red Deer
    -Red Deer (5)
    The Rebels defensive style and hard in your face checking game will be too much for the inexperienced Oil Kings. Sure Dylan Wruck had a nice regular season and St. Croix as well but these kids are going to need some experience first to excel later. This is Red Deer's year maybe. Darcy Kuemper can throw up goose eggs and the Red Deer top end depth is far too much for Edmonton to handle.

Brandon at Medicine Hat
    -Medicine Hat (7)
    There is no doubt that Brandon has offence and are able to score but guess what? Everyone forgets that Medicine hat also has offence! Lets not forget Linden Vey led the league in points with 116 and Vey and Etem had over 45 goals each. Hamilton and Tochkin provide nice secondary scoring as well. Brandon has 2 great scoring lines and a 3rd line that is coming around but their yound defense and PK will be the un-doing here. Also Tyler Bunz is one of the conferences best.

Moose Jaw at Kootenay
    -Kootenay (6)
    The Kootenay depth is far too much for Moose Jaw to handle in this one. The ice mortgaged a bit of the future in acquiring one of the best players in Canada to go with what was a deep team already. They now have their game breaker! 4 playes scored over 30 goals, McNabb one of the leagues top defenders and the overall depth too much like I said. Moose Jaw does have some size and grit but Lyon will miss the first two in Kootenay and Beach is hurting so that takes a lot away from Moose Jaw's game.

My Picks..

Saskatoon v. Prince Albert (Blades in 5) - The Blades are too strong and are much more experienced than the Raiders. It will be nice to see this rivalry heat up again.

Red Deer v. Edmonton (Oil Kings in 7) - This is my upset in the first round. Red Deer had a great season, but I just have a feeling that if Edmonton plays them tough, the wheels will fall off in Red Deer. Kuemper had a good regular season, but he has had troubles when the games have really mattered (see any game they've played against Saskatoon lately).

Medicine Hat v. Brandon (Tigers in 7) - Brandon has the horses to take this series, but I believe that home ice will matter in this one. The barn in Medicine Hat can be tough to play in, and Brandon will hit a wall in game 7.

Kootenay v. Moose Jaw (Warriors in 6) - I saw a lot more from Moose Jaw this season than I did from the Ice. The Warriors have a gritty team that is going to surprise a lot of people. Even though they don't have home ice advantage, I think the Crushed Can is going to give the Warriors a bit of a boost. As long as Beach doesn't take too many stupid penalties.

Iconcup

Ha ha ha! I know it's only one game, but so far I know what I'm talking about.
    Brandon will steamroll the Tigers....and Eakin is a defensive liability (-2 tonight) and Moose Jaw can play more of a playoff style type of game.

Ha ha ha ha ha....let's get this party started! GO BLADES.

Who's gonna win? WE ARE
    Who's gonna lose? THEY ARE
    What are we gonna do? SHOOT, PASS, KICK THEIR ASS. SHOOT, PASS, KICK THEIR ASS. SHOOT, PASS, KICK THEIR ASS!

I love that saying, my brothers teams said it when he played minor hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by BladesFan_2010 View Post
    Ha ha ha! I know it's only one game, but so far I know what I'm talking about.
    Brandon will steamroll the Tigers....and Eakin is a defensive liability (-2 tonight) and Moose Jaw can play more of a playoff style type of game.

Ha ha ha ha ha....let's get this party started! GO BLADES.

Who's gonna win? WE ARE
    Who's gonna lose? THEY ARE
    What are we gonna do? SHOOT, PASS, KICK THEIR ASS. SHOOT, PASS, KICK THEIR ASS. SHOOT, PASS, KICK THEIR ASS!

I love that saying, my brothers teams said it when he played minor hockey.
    Ok settle down soldier it's 1 night get some sleep ok

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    Ok settle down soldier it's 1 night get some sleep ok
    wow he's a bit pumped what's he gonna do when the blades win
    GO WARRIORS GO

I would expect both Trask and Cox back in the lineup for tonight's game.

Don't be shocked if we don't see Ryan Olsen for atleast the first round....

saskatoon pa game one tonight.

experience and depth are the big advantages for the blades. saskatoon's second line would be capable of being a first line on some other teams. nicholls-viedensky-dziurzynski put up big points against the raiders in 8 regular season games. i would expect the hamilton-schenn-trask to see the raiders top checking line. so it'll be big for the blades second line to take advantage.

three of the 8 regular season games were one goal games.

herrod, parker, revenko, and mcneill must play huge for the raiders to even hope for an upset. tucker and williams have to steal some games. and the raiders overall defense must be better than the 283 goals against they gave up during the regular season.

little things. saskatoons penalty kill scored 22 short handed goals this year, pa's power play gave up 13 short handed goals. pa's road power play is pretty good, so saskatoon can't be undisciplined. whoever shakes the jitters first and gets down to playing their game will have a quick advantage.