Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Showdown

Default Showdown

Two teams both with great records should make a great first round series. The subplot being two goalies, teammates for the ice. Heemskerk doesn't like it that Kootenay's coach at the time doesn't give him more words of encouragement and so walks out on his team. It is two years later and both goalies square off in the first game that matters. Who will have their team behind them.

What a great atmosphere for the ice tonight. Lieuwen keeps them in it for the first period and then the Ice take over for the rest of the game. Captain McNab and Reinhart were to good for the opposition tonight. Here's hoping it is farewell night in the can next game.

Well the first battle round of goalies goes to Lieuwen. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Now we move own to the battle of teams that paid for the key piece. My take is Schenn - Strong on his feet with hard shot. vs Eakin fast acceleration with an equally quick release. Kind of like a Hummer vs a Bugati. I like our chances with the Bugati and a team with a huge compete level. Go Ice Ice in 6

Blades in 5

Any recomendations for hotels in Cranbrook?

I don't usually stay in any, but the Best Western is the newest one. The Prestige is nice, Days in has recently been renovated and the Heritage in is pretty popular I think, though a little older. I think I would try the Best Western as it has a pool with a waterslide I think.

It should be a good series, I am coming on the fan bus. I have never been and I am excited to finally be able to see some games!!! 10+ hour bus rides!!! Gotta love em!!

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

As far as hotels here are some suggestions. The Heritage which used to be our premier property 20 years ago is quite dated. However the location is close to the rink and if you like a good breakfast included it is a good value. They are rated high for breakfast. The Best Western is the newest, very cheap beds were used however is still retains its new feel. The Super Eight at the far end of town has the best pool and waterslide. If this is your priority good value otherwise the room won't excite you. The Prestige has the most ammenities. As long as you don't mind the train noise you will be happy. Price is 40% higher than the ones above. If you wish to stay on the cheap at a very clean place try Flamingo, note they don't have phones. Your hidden gem choice would be the CPR B&B. A very cool place with incredible breakfast. Although it has a bit of a train museum feel they have great rooms that you can relax in all to yourself. Very close to rink. May you get a good nights rest.

All our squash matches were late today as we sat in our cars listening to the play by play. What an incredible rush to hear the Ice capture at least the split. Keep up the team play Ice.

Go Ice Go!! From a Swift Current fan! Would be nice to see Eakin win a Memorial Cup to go along with the AHL cup he won last year with Heshey!!

1989 Memorial Cup Champions