Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Showdown

it really sucks when the Attack lose their 2 best players due to concussions from bad elbows shots to the head...McNabb only gets one game and Majors got nothing....

Not trying to sound like sour grapes...as injuries are a part of hockey...but headshots are not, and the OHL was really aggressive in its attempts to eliminate headshots this past season. But the Memorial Cup Rules Committee seemed to have different rules than that of the OHL or Q. The WHL is the only CHL division to not have a headshot rule in effect. Unfortunately, it cost Owen Sound dearly.

I just wonder how Kootaney would feel it Shaw tried to take the head off McNabb or Eakin for that matter. I'm sure they would be pissed too.

If it was clearly intentional I would be pissed, but I think that it was just meant to be a good play taking the player out of the play. Hishion started to duck and McNabb nailed him. Had he not ducked it would have been a great shoulder hit Yes he deserved the penalty and misconduct because it was a hit to the head but no way do I think he did it intentionally to get him injured or out of the tournament.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but the ruling was made a long time ago now and its time to move on. Thats hockey and it happens to every team at some point of the year.
    Scars are just tattoo's with better stories!