Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Showdown

I didn't realize Eakin finished last season in the AHL. Great for the Ice fans that the last two games were on Shaw. Great match up of the Ice off the rush versus the dump and pressure of the Blades. We are fortunate that Lieuwen is presently very dialed in.

Wow, to produce that type of game in the playoffs was stirring stuff. I have been to games all season but never have I witnessed our team play with such a single minded focus. Such a hugely important game tomorrow, just the opportunity to avoid a 10 hour bus trip should be incentive enough. Keep it up Ice!!

Quote Originally Posted by ELL View Post
    Wow, to produce that type of game in the playoffs was stirring stuff. I have been to games all season but never have I witnessed our team play with such a single minded focus. Such a hugely important game tomorrow, just the opportunity to avoid a 10 hour bus trip should be incentive enough. Keep it up Ice!!
    To me it would seem that the Blades lack of heart added to the final result. I can't believe that down 2 - 0 the Blades didn't show more desperation in their play, not what you expect from a team with their regular season record.

Ice Ice baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Rammer View Post
    To me it would seem that the Blades lack of heart added to the final result. I can't believe that down 2 - 0 the Blades didn't show more desperation in their play, not what you expect from a team with their regular season record.

Ice Ice baby!
    why is your arena so empty?

Quote Originally Posted by DunnerStunner View Post
    why is your arena so empty?
    Waiting for some opposition....

Small town 20K, with no real superstar until Eakin came in, tough to build up that necessary attachment.

Your team is playing very well, a team game with all line on the move, I only hope my team takes notes and makes the proper adjustments to at least make a series of it.

I'm coming on to say, good luck in the next round, you guys deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JMoney1988 View Post
    I'm coming on to say, good luck in the next round, you guys deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks JMoney, classy post after a difficult series.

Way to go Ice!! Go Eakin Go!!!

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

You have to give the Blades credit. They were obviously frustrated as hell but they kept their composure with no cheap shots. You had to feel for them as you could tell at games end the realization that things had ended quicker than they expected. My hats off also to the Blades fan, it must be that Saskatchewan thing, fiercly loyal but very fair.