Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Raiders Vs. Blades Playoff Thread

i wasnt at the game or listened to it. i just looked at the stats sheet. and that line your talking about (winther bouris conner) was a combined -2. and then i look at the smurf line ( wells danyluk herle ) there a combined -12.

Here were the line matchups:

Hamilton/Schenn/Trask
    VS.
    Herrod/McNeill/Fiddler

- I actually thought the PA line outplayed the Blades line in this game and had chances in the first minute of the game then others throughout the game. I believe each line scored a goal.

Dziurzynski/Viedensky/Nicholls
    VS.
    Revenko/Parker/Maylan

I believe the Blades had a distinct edge over the Raiders in this matchup. I'm not sure the Raiders can handle the size combined with skill this line has to offer. I wonder if Bruno at home will try to address this by putting the much bigger McNeill line against them?

Stransky/Benson/Collins
    VS.
    Wells/Danyluk/Herle

Once again, the size and skill factor won out here as this line torched the Raider 3rd line head to head for Four goals and allowed none. I really think this will likely be the matchup all series long and it could be the difference maker. I wonder if Bruno will try to put one of his top two lines out vs. them at home? I doubt it, cause then the Raider line would be torched even more.

Winther/Bouris/Conner
    VS.
    A. Elliott/Sutter/Bews

Neither line played all that much but the Blades 4th line did score a goal in this one. Hard to say how this will go for as the series go's on but Ryan Olsen should play soon for the Blades.

Default go raiders go

First of all hats off to the Blades, they come prepared and stuck to there same game plan as always. The Raiders top guns were horrible to say the least. This is the time of year where you need to be firing on all cylinders. There should be know speech or pep talk needed at this time of year to get pumped up. I am sure that was Parkers worst game as a Raider. He never tried on the one draw he lost which resulted in a goal. Maylan was falling all over the ice. Did Revenko play lastnight. Tucker should have been pulled after the first 3 goals not the 7th goal. Deck and Bettauer played very well against the Blades top line. That was one of our bright spots. Bruno needs to roll all 4 lines to create some energy. Bourhis needs to be played more, he hits everything that moves. The score was not any indication of how the game went. The first shift could have been a goal for the Raiders which could have been different outcome. The Blades did get some lucky goals and they had some nice goals. The boys will be more prepared tonight, Raiders 4 Blades 3

winther and bouris were minus one and conner was 0 in the + - department, but conner missed most of the second as he was getting stitched up. The 3rd and second line got hammerd hard in the + -. mostly the 3rd line. but thought Herle and herrod played with a little heart.
    It takes a total of 10 min to play out our first two lines and once they got tired, Saskatoon just played with us. we play our best when all the lines are involved.
    Later in the first, Saskatoon was taking liberties on us, and building confidence, we had lost ours by then, the game was pretty much over by then. IMO to have any sucsess with the blades,play short shifts on all lines, play your energy guys and have the blades looking over their shoulder, and if the game is close in the 3rd, then shorten the bench to finish things off.

Those who paid $50.00 to ride the bus to Saskatoon, should have been given their money back after that performance.

Quote Originally Posted by chalk_one_up View Post
    Those who paid $50.00 to ride the bus to Saskatoon, should have been given their money back after that performance.
    Glad all I spent was $7 on a horrible quality online feed...
    WHATEVER IT TAKES

GO RAIDERS GO

If you would like a banner similar to mine, let me know.

Despite how poorly PA has played and how hyped the Blades are, I found it pretty classless that the Blades had this on their CUC sign:

"Believe this...PA has no chance"

Go Winterhawks is all I have to say.

Well a handful of raider fans got kicked out cause they were drunk and cussing so it works both ways

Default go raiders go

My prediction was not correct tonight but the Raiders showed up to play. If Herrods goal stood it might have been a better outcome. Ruopp obsolutely hammered Hamilton at center ice with a clean hit. Schenn was going to drop his gloves with Ruopp and I am sure he was glad he never after Duncan Siemans jumped in and took a beating. If I remember correct that was two beatings Siemans has taken from Ruopp this year. The other fight was Dalton Thrower sucker punching Connor. I seen Connor in warm ups and he had his top lip all stitched up. Dalton Thrower skating to the penalty box looks at the Raiders bench with his hands in the air like he had just accomplished something. Two wins and a sucker punch does not win a best of 7 series last time I checked.......The last thing I would like to comment on, some of the Blade fans, NOT ALL BLADE FANS. Grown ups swearing, yelling and screaming at Raider fans wearing Raider jerseys. These people getting yelled at could have been players parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters etc. A little common sense is not much to ask for especially when little kids are listening.

LORD STANLEY on Saturday night and Sunday night Blade fans were kicked out of CUC for being intoxicated and swearing.
    Game 3 and 4 at the sold out AHC, series will be tied up going back to Toon for game 5..

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    Well a handful of raider fans got kicked out cause they were drunk and cussing so it works both ways
    Have you been to PA? We go to work drunk. That's normal for us. If we're not drunk, we get pulled over for being sober.