Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: post season chat

The old civic center had its last game tonight which was sad but it was nice to see it packed one last time. The warriors came out slow but you gotta give them credit for battling back against a good kootenay team. Down 3 is just too much in the playoffs against a team like that. We should have a good team next year as long as we can acquire a goalie! I have no problem with hunchak coming back next year either.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMysteryMan View Post
    The old civic center had its last game tonight which was sad but it was nice to see it packed one last time. The warriors came out slow but you gotta give them credit for battling back against a good kootenay team. Down 3 is just too much in the playoffs against a team like that. We should have a good team next year as long as we can acquire a goalie! I have no problem with hunchak coming back next year either.
    I agree but Hunchak 4 years is enough. This post season was not good. His play off record is 7-12 and 3-9 at home and if your home winning % is 250 you need to be fired.Last year we had Cal down 3-0 and couldn't win because we lost 2 of 3 at home this year up 2-1 and lose 2 of 3 at home. You must have something better to do than watch play off hockey if you think keeping him is ok. What's his excuse this year
    GO WARRIORS GO

Mj was the only team to cgy to 7 games last year and they were a young team. Next year is our year and it's not like we got beat by a bad team! All of our llosses were close if you take away the empty netters except for 1. Sure I'm dissapointed but you can't can the coach because of it I don't think

so that was the last game at the crushed can.It is always hard to leave history behind but the new stadium ensured that the Warriors stayed in Moose Jaw.It will be nice for Moose Jaw to have a new stadium with all the amenities.I am looking forward to visiting the new rink .

Mj was the only team to cgy to 7 games last year and they were a young team. Next year is our year and it's not like we got beat by a bad team! All of our llosses were close if you take away the empty netters except for 1. Sure I'm dissapointed but you can't can the coach because of it I don't think
    Moral victories are for losers. Look at his record in 08 10 11 in Feb Mar and the play offs his teams don't win when it matters. Had he got his teams to play consistently in 08 & 10 we wouldn't have finished in 8th and had to play the top team. This year when we had a chance to compete for the 3-4 spot his team goes into a dive and ends up in 5th costing us home ice. Not that it matters because his home play off record is 3-9. But you be happy you made the play offs & have a WHL team HELL wouldn't want to raise expectations or put pressure on the team to go farther than the 2nd round once every 25 years. You and fans like you ARE the problem just HAPPY HAPPY with the same old same old . Enjoy the short post season and long off season AGAIN.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Im not happy with losing... who would be? But i really think it's fans like you who think they know it all that are the ones are the problem. With all my teams i cheer for I have never disagreed with a fan of the same team as much as I have with you

Im not happy with losing... who would be? But i really think it's fans like you who think they know it all that are the ones are the problem. With all my teams i cheer for I have never disagreed with a fan of the same team as much as I have with you
    Stats don't lie. I'll donate $250.00 to the warrior education fund if they keep Hunchak and he makes it past the 1st round I'll double it if he makes it out of 2nd round.You willing to back your point of view.Look around the conference at MH Brandon RD Kootenay all about the same as us RD even younger all still playing. At this level coaching is critical that's why these teams are still in play offs . Are you willing to risk the last year we have Howden McIlrath Bowman Mcfaul on a coach that hasn't won a play off round.Remember in 08 he had a team that had a lot of talent and couldn't win.
    GO WARRIORS GO

you got your wish..the coachs contract will not be up for renewal...are there any names that you are hearing to be a possible replacement?

And the revolving door of coaches continues in Moose Jaw.
    A Broncos fan I was born, a Broncos fan I will die! GO BRONCOS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by west coast View Post
    you got your wish..the coachs contract will not be up for renewal...are there any names that you are hearing to be a possible replacement?
    I wish Mr. Hunchak all the best where ever he ends up I've talked with him a couple of times over the past 4 years a very nice guy.
    When your team is as inconsistent as Hunchaks were that's why you get fired. Good to see Millar didn't drag it out and stated that the bar to play and coach in MJ has been raised. 40 win seasons don't mean a thing if you don't perform in the play offs . Most everything Millar does has worked the Beach Bowman Heemskirk & Frazee trades all helped without costing us much. I would think the next coach will have a proven track record at the WHL or OHL level with Millars record of winning in the OHL & AHL getting a quality coach shouldn't be too hard.
    GO WARRIORS GO