Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Coaching

The only changes I see coming will b with the players. The coaches did a good job all season long, the players just gave up. The coaches don't go on the ice and score goals, the players do and each player has to b willing to do that, the coaches won't do it for them. People can blame Molleken all they want, some may say he doesn't change strategies but I believe he does, I think he has become more offensive in his strategies. Yeah maybe he should just b the gm but who would coach? Not another Kevin Dickie

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by auch07 View Post
    Weal could have as well with longer return on the back end.

The price would of been very high for Weal, he was easily a top 3 18yr old in the WHL maybe even the most skilled 18yr old in the whole league. He is the WHL leading scorer the past 2 seasons with 198pts in 144games on very ****ty pats teams, plus another year forsure in the WHL. He could of gotten a return like Eakin & Schenn with those #s & the fact that he will be in junior next season as well. But cause he isnt a 1st round pick (due to size only) he wont get a return like that.

If the Pats could ever find some scoring depth to take alot of the focus off Weal, Weal's numbers would be even better then they already are. He will most likely be the prize winner at 2011/12 trade deadline, only way the Pats will hold onto him is if they are a top 4 team in the Eastern Conference (& god knows that isnt going to happen)

The prices KOO & SAS paid for Eakin & Schenn for 1/2 a season were out of this world. Both trades should of been cut in 1/2 with what the return was.

I think getting a player like Weal with knowing he would be there longer would have been perhaps worth closer to what we gave up for Schenn. The tough part is swallowing what in fact we gave up for Schenn. Although I personally do not feel the value was as much as others do it was still very high. Picks 1st round or not dont always turn out to be a superstar. You never know how the kids will transition during that year or so.

Lorne is a good coach but sometimes the message just doesn't get through. Part of the problem as we found out in MJ with Ellerby Wyshart McLaren is with signed JRs they have more than the dub on their minds this time of the year . Agents calling Am I going to AHL NHL and remember their 19-20 year old kids easy to get distracted. One way to keep them focused would be no call up to any pro league unless injuries dictated it.When you're in the WHL play offs your season ends when your team is out no going to the pros.
    GO WARRIORS GO