Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Home Jerseys

Default New Home Jerseys

I haven't actually seen them in person yet and am basing this on pictures, but does everybody agree when i say that these jerseys should feature some form of striping on the bottom? It's just white, a lot of white. I love the pattern and the new Broncos symbol is excellent, i just think that the jerseys would be a lot sharper if they had some color on the bottoms. I don't know of anybody in the league who's jersey is one continual color all around the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by smackitsakic
    I haven't actually seen them in person yet and am basing this on pictures, but does everybody agree when i say that these jerseys should feature some form of striping on the bottom? It's just white, a lot of white. I love the pattern and the new Broncos symbol is excellent, i just think that the jerseys would be a lot sharper if they had some color on the bottoms. I don't know of anybody in the league who's jersey is one continual color all around the bottom.
    are these the ones your talking about? ive only really sen the away so far as i havent been on the Swift site, but i like these jerseys, and I only hope that Chilliwack will go with something new style like these and not the old bruins type jersey
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cranbrook's own, Kootenay ICE 1998 to 2012, 2011 WHL CHAMPIONS!!!
    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP'S!!

Default Curious

Where did you see pic's on the new jersey?

Scout

If you want to actually see the new home jersey go to the broncos office in the CCC they have one on display. After looking at them i dont know if i like them yet, there seems to something that just doesnt seem right.

Come September though, i got a funny feeling that they will grow on me, and maybe add a white jersey that actually fits to my jersey collection.

I don't understand where you're coming from. The only thing involved in our jerseys in the past 15 years that have been Bronco related are the symbols on the shoulder pads, which the new jerseys still feature. I don't understand how our old symbols, especially over the last 9 years, couldn't also be used for any other Bronco hockey teams. We've simply kept up with the Jones' of the world with the releasal of the new jerseys and it was much needed. Good job, and i'd say keep up the good work, but apparantly nobody is going to be left. I don't understand what this is all about.

Chaucer Guest

Default I agree with Pete

Quote Originally Posted by smackitsakic
    I don't understand where you're coming from. The only thing involved in our jerseys in the past 15 years that have been Bronco related are the symbols on the shoulder pads, which the new jerseys still feature. I don't understand how our old symbols, especially over the last 9 years, couldn't also be used for any other Bronco hockey teams. We've simply kept up with the Jones' of the world with the releasal of the new jerseys and it was much needed. Good job, and i'd say keep up the good work, but apparantly nobody is going to be left. I don't understand what this is all about.

I think what Loud Pete is saying is that the Broncos don't have to keep up with the Jones of the league. The Broncos are a team rich in tradition. Instead of generic logos keep with the tradition. The Brandon Wheat Kings have a third jersey but their main look hasn't changed in decades. The Montreal Canadiens don't look much different than they did twenty years ago. Ditto the Detroit Red Wings, New York Rangers, Toronto Maple Leafs, Boston Celtics, LA Lakers, New York Yankees and other teams rich in tradition. I realize hockey is a business and you need the revenue from new jerseys and I will buy one from our souvenir store.

Ms. Hockey Guest

Default Remember the saying?

"bleeding blue & green"???
    NOT ANYMORE!

I agree. I personally think that they should have stuck with the colors. I agree with Smackit that a new jersey is essential to keeping up. And I agree that the Broncos are a team rich in tradition and don't need to keep up.

All in all, I'm not impressed with the Broncos organization right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Hockey
    "bleeding blue & green"???
    NOT ANYMORE!

I agree. I personally think that they should have stuck with the colors. I agree with Smackit that a new jersey is essential to keeping up. And I agree that the Broncos are a team rich in tradition and don't need to keep up.

All in all, I'm not impressed with the Broncos organization right now.

Of course you are not happy with the organization right now. Why would anyone?

It is not like they have commited to winning long term, instead of first round playoff exits every year.

Why on earth would anyone get rid of an ugly logo with a cartoon horse with a cape on it. Nothing but shame to the person who decided that blue and green don't look good together because I wear navy pants and a green blazer all the time.

It is such a shame that we are going to be able to buy beer in the stands now. I loved walking in to the Canadian room between periods and slamming a beer so I could get back to my seat in time to see the intermission.

How dare Garret leave Swift Current to take a promotion in his home town and work with a crap organization like Red Deer. Who would want to work for a Sutter? What has anyone from that family ever done.

I am sure that the Bronco's plans for Civic Centre expansion are going to be garbage as well.

An organization where fans have a voice (Champions)? That is as bad an idea I have ever heard.

Ms. Hockey is right this organization is not impressing.

Ms. Hockey Guest

Default Wow

Let's not get all defensive now!

Yes, there are many, many things to be proud of. Yes, it's great that the CC is expanding (thanks to the City, not to the Broncos). Yes, I'm glad that there is beer in the stands, that has been much needed and will hopefully create more atmosphere (don't know if it will because Swift Current is such a small town and there are so many fans that worry what other people might think of them when they cheer, too bad). Frankly, I don't care that Garrett left. I think that Brad Gourlay does a fine job. And yes, I'm very glad that they are committed to long term winning rather than exiting first round every year (in the same breath, I've heard (RUMOR) that the coaching staff has said that there will be a big turn over next year...which makes me think, what was the point of this year?).

Now, all I said that I wasn't impressed with the Broncos organization and that I'm not happy about the jersey change. All of a sudden I have you jumping up my ass. I never once that that I was mad at anything else but you had to get all defensive...why?