Thread: Training Camp

Default Training Camp

Could someone give the date (approx) that training camp starts? thanx
    FrontRow Fan
    Herb Brooks: " The name on the front is a helluva lot more important than the one on the back!!" :burningma

last years camp ran August 25-29th. Im sure this years will be similar.

About the 24-28th would be my guess, with the 28th being the McDonalds Black/White Game.

Just a guess though...take it for what its worth.
    Shinyshoes
    'Cause if your going to hell, you may as well go with a smile on your face.
    KEEPING THE FAITH!!

Other teams are starting thier training on thursday september 1. What I would like to see is a prospect camp for the 89 and 90 group in june. Brandon does this.

Post ya I wish all the the teams did this

Quote Originally Posted by Red celtic
    What I would like to see is a prospect camp for the 89 and 90 group in june. :
    I wish that the Saskatoon Blades would do this so I would not have to wait until September when they hold their annual Ice Breaker Tourmanent in the first or second weekend of September. This tournament is for all the players on the team PA,SC and PG are participants in the tournament.

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

Default training camps

all teams are mandated by the league as to when they can open training camps. they can start later that the set date, but no earlier. to cut costs, teams are shortening theirs camps and combining rookie and regular tryouts at the same time or even combining the two. this way the teams bring in all their scouts to help evaluate the talent and since 90% of them have regular jobs, they don't need to take as much time off.
    Drop the Puck