Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Weirdest/funniest thing you've seen in the Dub

fan38 Guest

Default fight between Nigel Dawes and Lorentzen..

first of all a Euro fighting and pure scorer somehow Lorentzen gets his fingers caught between shield and helmet. Can't shake it off and it is cutting his fingers everytime it moves. Can't get a punch off, Koot coach yelling about the helmet as a weapon. Lorentzen took a couple good punches but didn't swing at Dawes with the helmet. Lorentzen's finger were a bloody mess and he missed the rest of the period.

About three years ago, Hitmen forward Freddie Sjostrom caught a pass at the side of the crease, came in in front of the opposition goalie unmolested, dropped the puck between his legs, then flipped his stick around and between his legs and scored a goal from behind himself. Damndest goal I ever saw.

D.A. Guest

Kyle Wanvig was always good for a good show in Red Deer. I remember when Erat got hit from behind in Calgary. Without a moment's hesitation, Wanvig was in there to exact retribution. All you saw were these two gloves go flying about 15 feet in the air. There was another time when things got heated against Calgary and he stood in front of the Hitmen bench challenging the whole lot to come and fight him. Finally, there was the time when he scored a crucial goal (again, vs. Calgary) and afterwards skating along the front of the Hitmen bench, faking high-fives all the way down.

Default Brawl in the Rec Plex

[QUOTE=anyhow, i was talking to my husband and we both think it was Ward. although i didnt' remember a Ward with Lethbridge.[/QUOTE]

It was Blake Ward from Lethbridge, the reason I remember was because I was living in Lethbridge at the time, but home in Cranbrook for the Christmas holidays. ard was known to be one of the toughest goalies in the league at the time, but Boxma did well for himself.

Default Sorry

Sorry, I'm new and don't know how to do those fancy quote things in the boxes, i'll get it eventually.