Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Weirdest/funniest thing you've seen in the Dub

mccabe23 Guest

Default Weirdest/funniest thing you've seen in the Dub

What is the funniest or most bizarre thing you've seen at a DUB game?

For me, it was a few years back in Kelowna. Can't remember who the Rockets were playing but it was an ugly, chippy affair and tempers were running high. Former Rocket, Carsen Germyn decides he wants to go and finds a dancing partner. They both shed their gear and square off. Before they get in close, Germyn takes a few strides backwards and steps on his own stick and DOWN HE GOES! And I mean HARD. It was probably the worst he got hurt in a fight and not a single punch was thrown! lol

I also remember a nasty game with Kelowna and Kamloops going at it. Fights were going on all night. Stephen Sunderman wanted to go all night but couldn't coax Paul Brown into a fight. They finally facedoff along side each other after a goal and began chirping before the puck drop. Puck drops and Sunderman sheds his gear. Brown looks at him, looks at Brett Palin at the blueline, sheds his gear, skates AROUND Sunderman and beelines for Palin. Palin and Brown start throwing them while Sunderman is still at the faceoff circle picking up his gloves and helmet. The look on Sunderman's face was priceless! Sunderman skated beside Brown in the final few minutes of the game and asked for a fight yet again. Brown throws his arms up in the air and says fine! Sunderman finally got his wish and pumpled Brown really good. Sigh, wish Kamloops and Kelowna still had that hatred.

Default Kamloops Kelowna replaced with PG Kamloops

The last meeting between these two was plain old ugly. Three line brawls, coaches staning on the boards chipping at the other bench, and almost another brawl at the end of the game. Should be a good one in Kamloops on sunday....if the bus can get there due to the roads. I just hope the lunacy that prevailed in the last matchup doesn't happen again. I like a fight, but that gave junior hockey a big ol'e black eye.
    I understand this is a rebuilding year, but come on boys!!

Nodak Guest

The funniest/weirdest thing I ever saw was in a game in Spokane in either '90 or '91. The Victoria Cougars were in town and quite a few of the players had odd uniforms on. This I think was the season that they won like 5 games all year. Anyway, as it turns out the bus had broken down or ran out of gas on the way to Spokane. In order to pay to get the bus going again they had evidentally traded some of their jerseys. Quite a few of the players were wearing practice jerseys during the game with masking tape for numbers. The Chiefs won the game 14-1 too if I remember right.

That was definately an odd night at the old barn.

Poor old Andy Schenn getting hit up twice in the same game for playing without a mouthguard-- a week later, he was dealt.

kelownakarl Guest

Probably seeing 5'9 Ryan Cuthbert beating up 6'3 (or whatever) Paul Brown.

Talking Wierd

Watching three consecutive sticks breaking on the same powerplay. 2 of them by the same guy....

Oh i think it was against the broncos last year when one of there players was on a clear cut breakaway and fell down!!
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

One time when Swift Current was here in Regina some time ago, there was a big line brawl 10 seconds into the game, and one of the Swift Current players left the bench, so of coarse a Pat did. I dont really remember what the outcome was, but it was pretty sweet. There was another brawl later on.

There was one game against MJ in 2000 or something, and it was when the whole O'Connor/Kaczowka fued was alive. Well, O'Connor was playing tough and just being a complete cheap ass the whole game with dirty elbows and and stuff, and Kaczowka didn't like it, so the whole game, he was calling O'Connor on but he was too good to fight Kaczowka, so he never dropped them, and whenever Kaz wasn't on the ice, he would be at it trying to fight other players or giving cheap shots. So one shift they were both on, and O'Connor was skating along the blue line and Kaz was skating right by him, and O'Connor puts up his elbow and nails him in the face and he goes down, then he was kinda slow to get up, and as O'Connor was starting to skate away, Murray grabs him by the back of his jersey at the neck not letting him get away, and waits for Kaczowka to get up, and he comes with a HUGE punch with momentum from skating and just about nailed O'Connor's head off...but luckely he ducked, and Kaz fell on him as he fell, and he only got one decent punch...well, more of an elbow in before the linesmen got there. In the end, O'Connor's a clown. Just try not laughing when looking at him.

http://www.sandiegogulls.com/roster/?id=20

In a game Kelowna verses the Americans, it was years ago in the Old Memorial Arena. Luke Curtin was in his first fight, can't remember the Ams player?

They dropped there gloves and right away you could see Curtin didn't know what he was doing. He hung on and tried to throw a couple pillows.

I was right behind the Rocket penalty box, the Ams player asked Curtin "was that your first fight", Curtin said "yes it was", then the Ams player said " you did pretty good!" Curtin said "thank you".

If Curtin would of said it wasn't his first the Ams player probly would of called him a *****, but because it was his first he congratulated him.
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php

C.F Guest

The funniest for me was last year when Seattle played Vancouver. it was Bruins night. Anyway, a guy had a chicken on a fishing rod, and threw it over the glass. Then, when the refs went to grab it, he pulled it back up. He managed to do this twice before security came and kicked him out. Then, he was allowed back in for the third period(the chicken was tooken away), and he held up a sign saying "I want my chicken". The crowd started chanting "we want chicken, we want chicken". Funny stuff.

Vancouver won in OT.

Number_4 Guest

Talking

Hey, Fight Guy, wasnt O'Connor the idiot that puched the coke machine in Regina a few years back?

The funniest thing I have ever saw was during a Pats/Warriors game in the can. After a line brawl, the ref's were throwing guys out, and apparently ALL if the warriors thought they were getting thrown out, so they all left the ice. The ref had to go get some of them out of the dressing room. Then while the ref left, other players came off the bench and fought.

Of course, no one can forget the dustin slade blocker incident, or the linesman tackleing him...that was priceless.