Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011/2012 Roster

Default 2011/2012 Roster

Been too quiet on here lately, so I figured we needed to get some discussion going. Who does everyone see making the team next year? Break it down by lines and feel free to include prospects eligible to join this year.

I'll get mine up later tonight.
    A Broncos fan I was born, a Broncos fan I will die! GO BRONCOS GO!

Will Brad Hoban be back in SC or will he play for his old friend Len Barrie's Victoria Grizzlies in the BCHL?

Default any rumors floating around swift on................

who or what the bronco's will take with the 2nd pick...dman /forward...just wondering..................
    Last edited by shushu; 05-03-2011 at 11:56 PM.
    GO CANES GO.................

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    who or what the your bronco's will take with the 2nd pick...dman /forward...just wondering..................
    Virtanen?? I really don't know, haven't heard anything

Default just wondering.............

Quote Originally Posted by Toswammi View Post
    Virtanen?? I really don't know, haven't heard anything
    more than likly calgary takes martin, swift takes virtanen, and the canes take pilon, was just wondering how bad speedycreek wanted a good dman in a draft loaded with good forward and only a hand full of great rear gaurds...........thanks.........
    GO CANES GO.................

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    more than likly calgary takes martin, swift takes virtanen, and the canes take pilon, was just wondering how bad speedycreek wanted a good dman in a draft loaded with good forward and only a hand full of great rear gaurds...........thanks.........
    I dunno, while I think picking up a solid defenseman is what they should be doing, the general mood amongst some fans I know is to grab a top forward here.

I took a peak at the prospect list that Alan has on his blog for SC. Seems to me if I were them I would grab Virtannen. There are a few pretty good D man on that list. Virtanen is the top end forward in the draft I don't know if they want to let him slide away. Grab him at 2 and a D man at 13.

I am going on the record hoping we pick Virt. (going by interviews, player summaries and mock drafts.)

OK Cheeseburger, I will bite

G:
    Tendler
    Bow/Mayland

*Don't know about the back-up, but I can see one of those two guys fighting for it. Mayland was picked in the Ice trade, but hasn't committed (that I know of).
    I think that Smith may get moved, especially if one of the young guys shines.
    I am also wondering out loud if Boes in Brandon would be available as they have Liston (same age) ahead of him on the depth chart.

D:
    Evans
    Reum/Craig
    Scarlett
    Nedomlel
    Muth
    Heatherington

I just don't see either Verdino or Aasman making the team this year. That leaves six returning defensemen, I could see a player like Craig moved to open up a spot of Heatherington to slot in the top six (if they feel he is ready). I think if makes the team, they want him playing a regular shift.

For the seventh defenseman, I have no idea, but expect a 17/18 yr old to occupy that spot. Maybe Clark, if they go for an older player, or a list player they have picked up over the past year.

F:
    Cave
    Black
    Gordon
    Blanke
    Olson
    Magnus
    Derko
    Cameron
    Lowry
    Vause*
    Hoban*
    Howorko
    Bloom
    Peddle/Wager*
    Richardson
    Mackay/Sinatynski

*I am pretty sure Bruce won't be coming back to the team this year (a la M. Hay last year)
    I think Cuda Gordon will shine in camp and make this team this year
    I have Richardson on the list, because I feel that he will show up at camp this year, he hasn't committed to anything for next year (that I know of)
    I wouldn't mind moving Hoban for a player like Dziurzynski either
    I have Mackay/Sinatynski listed together at the end, both will be 16 this year, and talent wise I think both have a shot to make the team. However because they are that age I could see them returned to their club teams, but will be the first guys called up should a forward or two go down. Just a hunch after Lamb admitting that his young guys this year (Howorko/Smith) would have been better fitted for not playing in SC to get playing time.
    Lastly I just realized I don't have signed guys like Hopkins or Zetner listed either

The one big crap shoot here also is the Euro draft. Lamb was over in Europe and got to talk first hand to players/agents and see some play. I believe we pick 6th in that draft this year, and can land a big time player there. I have also heard rumors about them having a real good talent lined up already. Now whether this guy is a tender or a forward remains to be seen, but if it is a tender then slot him above Tendler (who I doubt will come back in a back-up position), if he is a forward, then there may be a move to reduce numbers or trade down a year or something.

This is all my opinion and as such is likely to completely off base, but there it is. Pick away.
    Last edited by Toswammi; 05-06-2011 at 09:46 PM.

Richardson has been to like 6/7 universities and rejected an offer from Boston College. I don't think he's heading to Swift Current unfortunately.