Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 2011/2012 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Toswammi View Post
    To the surprise of few, Richardson is going NCAA.
    Surprised, maybe not...disappointed, DEFINITELY. Oh well, still looking forward to camp!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamal_SC View Post
    Surprised, maybe not...disappointed, DEFINITELY. Oh well, still looking forward to camp!
    That is about sums it up. I think most fans kinda knew it happen this way (or at least they way it is being reported), however where hoping for better.

Also sucks considering they almost had him comitted around Christmas (so the rumor goes).

Probably for the best anyway, I guess. Nobody wants a player on the team that would rather be somewhere else. I personally call NCAA a poor choice over the CHL, but each to his own. Who knows how he would have developed? Bantamn age players have to be the toughest to draft as there are so many variables with them. Good luck to Richardson. NHL scouts will notice him if he develops, but at 5'8 and playing in a league that isn't exactly "a grind" like the Dub, I'd say he just chose the toughest possible route to get to the big show.

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by trucker View Post
    Probably for the best anyway, I guess. Nobody wants a player on the team that would rather be somewhere else. I personally call NCAA a poor choice over the CHL, but each to his own. Who knows how he would have developed? Bantamn age players have to be the toughest to draft as there are so many variables with them. Good luck to Richardson. NHL scouts will notice him if he develops, but at 5'8 and playing in a league that isn't exactly "a grind" like the Dub, I'd say he just chose the toughest possible route to get to the big show.
    I see him walk the halls at school and he looks about 5'8 - 5'9, but man is his speed something else, kid can fly. I wish the best for him and I think he can turn into a top end talent if he can stay healthy, next year he can tear up the BCHL with the Grizzlies.

I'm not sure how his game would transition into the WHL if he decided to go that route, he's quick but if he gets hit, chances are he can get injured pretty quickly. But he's a playmaking forward who has great speed and just flew past guys in the BCHL. Kind of reminds me of a Andrew Cogliano. I could see him going anywhere from the late 2nd round to the 4th round in next year's draft.
    Last edited by TourettesGuy; 06-09-2011 at 10:07 PM.

With the loss of Richardson whom I am sure was expected to be an offensive threat for the Broncos for quite a few years, does anyone see Lamb trying to trade for a proven '92 or '93 (18 or 19yr old) goal scorer for next season? I think in a few years this may not be an issue, but right now I think one of the question marks is scoring. If you think a trade will happen who do you think will be moved and do you see it happening before training camp?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamal_SC View Post
    With the loss of Richardson whom I am sure was expected to be an offensive threat for the Broncos for quite a few years, does anyone see Lamb trying to trade for a proven '92 or '93 (18 or 19yr old) goal scorer for next season? I think in a few years this may not be an issue, but right now I think one of the question marks is scoring. If you think a trade will happen who do you think will be moved and do you see it happening before training camp?
    I could see us moving a D and younger F for one. Actually I kinda expect to see that.