Thread: Kootenay ICE 2010/2011 WHL Ed Chynoweth Cup Champions!!!

Iconcup Kootenay ICE 2010/2011 WHL Ed Chynoweth Cup Champions!!!

WAY TO GO GUYS!!! a truly earned Championship over some very good competition that everyone said was to much to handle. But the hardcores here in Cranbrook see something special in you guys and we believed along side of you all as a team, that you can do it this year and go all the way to the Memorial Cup! And now its here, you have all earned your spot to be alongside the rest of the elite teams in the country and have the honour of playing for a truly great trophy that would look awesome beside Ed's Cup.

Go get it ICE, bring that Memorial Cup back to Cranbrook! Play your hearts out knowing the town is behind you and the 3000 hardcores are waiting to cheer you on and bring you home to a proper welcoming for the WHL Champions!

Congrats ICE what a awesome accomplishment but there is still work to do and stay focused for in the very near future go play your game plan to a tee and success will follow.

GO ICE GO!!!
    Cranbrook's own, Kootenay ICE 1998 to 2012, 2011 WHL CHAMPIONS!!!
    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP'S!!

Default congrats...................

and GREAT job by a team that deserves to be i the mem cup..even if the town does not deserve to have them...lol..who cares what the outside world has to say, great job team , fans and town of cranbrook, and good luck in the mem cup.........you have made the central div. proud...................
    GO CANES GO.................

congrats Kootney Ice on winning WHL championship.The team had great character! The addition of Cody Eakin worked out well and he proved that he was worth every bit of the ransom that they had to pay to get him.The MVP Nathen Liewuen played like a future number one NHL netminder.The Ice were clearly a class team that peaked at the right time.Good luck in the memorial cup!!

Quote Originally Posted by west coast View Post
    congrats Kootney Ice on winning WHL championship.The team had great character! The addition of Cody Eakin worked out well and he proved that he was worth every bit of the ransom that they had to pay to get him.The MVP Nathen Liewuen played like a future number one NHL netminder.The Ice were clearly a class team that peaked at the right time.Good luck in the memorial cup!!
    Thank you, Lieuwen was consistent throughout the playoffs, and he had some special games as well. Prior to the MVP nomination I thought that this was going to be a difficult choice, but in reflection, it seemed to me that Lieuwen would get the nod based on his involvement in each series, whereas most of the others had two strong series to hang their hat on.

On to the Memorial Cup, what a nice ring that has to it.

Default Fan video of Kootenay's GW Goal and Cup celebration

Congrats Kootenay on the WHL title, as a Hawks fan I hope you guys represent the WHL well in the Memorial Cup and win it all! I was at Game 5 in the Rose Garden and happened to have my camera on when Kootenay scored the game winning goal, I also got the last two goals after that and the celebration after Kootenay won plus the cup presentation. I thought some Ice fans might enjoy, you can even see a contingent of Ice fans in the Rose Garden going nuts after they scored. Here is the link: http://youtu.be/QWOdkHiZqHE

congats on the WHL title . hope mem cup is next . good luck guys.
    GO WARRIORS GO

I didn't see your guys game, what happened????? I thought you had all this forward momentum, but nevermind you will rebound.... I predict a St. John/Kootenay final......