Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Olsen invited to U18 camp

Default Ryan Olsen invited to U18 camp

Congrats to Ryan and the WHL players on being invited to camp.

Camp Roster:
    http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php...63/la_id/1.htm

great job Ryan, i cant wait to see you playing this year.

Yes, I would have enjoyed watching him play in Brandon with the Wheat Kings this year. Too bad he turned down the chance when he was a part of the original Schenn trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Kings #1 View Post
    Yes, I would have enjoyed watching him play in Brandon with the Wheat Kings this year. Too bad he turned down the chance when he was a part of the original Schenn trade.
    No he was never apart of that deal thanks for the laugh

Well I heard differantly, if you remember the deal was done, then it had to be reworked as one player refused and it was then announced the next day. As a 16 year old player he has the right to refuse a trade and apparently he used that and did??

Well I heard differantly, if you remember the deal was done, then it had to be reworked as one player refused and it was then announced the next day. As a 16 year old player he has the right to refuse a trade and apparently he used that and did??
    It wasn't olsen it was Brent Benson Benson was still school age he refused to be traded mccrimmon came up with the trade proposal Lorne has stated time after time he was not gonna trade anyone off his current roster as they were going after a cup last season

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    It wasn't olsen it was Brent Benson Benson was still school age he refused to be traded mccrimmon came up with the trade proposal Lorne has stated time after time he was not gonna trade anyone off his current roster as they were going after a cup last season
    Who is Benson Benson? lol, and if you are so sure it was Benson and Lorne said time and time again he wasn't gonna trade anyone off his roster, then how is it that Benson refused the trade? Where was Lorne when all this was going down? Must have been planning his Victory parade because he sure wasn't planning any playoff strategy. Also school age from what I have been told is for 16 year olds in the league. Benson Benson was 17.

Who is Benson Benson? lol, and if you are so sure it was Benson and Lorne said time and time again he wasn't gonna trade anyone off his roster, then how is it that Benson refused the trade? Where was Lorne when all this was going down? Must have been planning his Victory parade because he sure wasn't planning any playoff strategy. Also school age from what I have been told is for 16 year olds in the league. Benson Benson was 17.
    All you need to know is Lorne was not gonna trade any roster players last season he needed everyone to stay in order to make a push for a mem cup run it's no secret here any blade fan will tell you that yeah maybe olson and bensons names both came up but were both false rumours

KASE KLOSED

Yes we all heard at the time it was Benson that refused the trade, even here in Brandon. It got reworked the next day, and we both will never know exactly what changed. It was a month later that peaple connected to the Wheat Kings told me it was Olsen not Benson that refused, because being 16 he had the right to do it and did. Either way Lorne got Hosed!

Yes we all heard at the time it was Benson that refused the trade, even here in Brandon. It got reworked the next day, and we both will never know exactly what changed. It was a month later that peaple connected to the Wheat Kings told me it was Olsen not Benson that refused, because being 16 he had the right to do it and did. Either way Lorne got Hosed!
    Guess lorne lied to all the stoon people and media then oh well

And another thing we wont know if lorne got hosed for a couple years yet he never gave up anyone off of his 50 ppl list so thats good the players we gave you Nikkel is a stud McGauley huge bust the Euro pick who knows really the draft picks will tell the big story 2 or 3 years from now