Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria Royals Season's Tickets

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by fatshad View Post
    Has anyone heard how season tickets are going for the Royals to this point ?
    I really hope Victoria gets behind this up and coming team ! They have a bag full of good future prospects !
    really? How many of the current roster have been drafted into the NHL?

Iconwhl Season tickets

I am talking about there young WHL prospects that they have drafted in the last 3 years or so not NHL prospects. I am pretty sure none of the Salmon Kings are going to the NHL ! But there will be few from the Royals in the next few years.

3. Default

I am talking about there young WHL prospects that they have drafted in the last 3 years or so not NHL prospects. I am pretty sure none of the Salmon Kings are going to the NHL ! But there will be few from the Royals in the next few years.

there might be a few, but so far all of the drafted players from the Chiliwack team that we now have, have been at best 4th line players, barely able to crack an NHL roster.

time will tell, but at this years draft, not one Royals/Bruins player was drafted.

Iconwhl

Ryan Howse ( Flames ) , Roman Horak ( Flames ) , Brandon Manning ( Flyers )
    and Kevin Sundher ( Sabres ) who all played in Chilliwack last year will be in the NHL in the next 2 - 3 years ! ECHL hasnt been the same since the Hanson Brothers left ! LoL !

5. Default

i wont debate the fact that the WHL will send more players to the NHL than the ECHL will. I will say this though.. more WHL players end up in the ECHL than do in the NHL.

Iconwhl

i will agree with you there ! The difference is in Major Junior you are watching the very best 16 to 20 year old players at a highly competitive level. In the ECHL you are watching the weakest 20 to 35 year old players at that age groups highly competitive level or pro hockey. I am completely thrilled WHL is back in Victoria. This where you get a look at future stars like Jordan Eberle , Ryan Nugent Hopkins , Ryan Johannson , Brayden Schenn etc , etc, etc.
    Last edited by fatshad; 07-15-2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: spelling error

7. Default

i will agree with you there ! The difference is in Major Junior you are watching the very best 16 to 20 year old players at a highly competitive level. In the ECHL you are watching the weakest 20 to 35 year old players at that age groups highly competitive level or pro hockey. I am completely thrilled WHL is back in Victoria. This where you get a look at future stars like Jordan Eberle , Ryan Nugent Hopkins , Ryan Johannson , Brayden Schenn etc , etc, etc.

most of those "weakest 20-35 year olds" in the ECHL have come from the WHL and the rest of the CHL..
    so on one hand, we will get to see rising stars like the ones you mentioned, we will also see a lot of future ECHL players

hey salmonkingsforever...the team sucked,so did the league...they folded because no one went...end of story...change your handle and get with the times...this is real hockey...not some washed up mens beer league without the beer...

Hey, Royal Flush, with all respect, skf is a very knowledgeable hockey Fan, and has probably Backed Up more miles than you've driven ahead.

That being said, and as a LONG time hockey Fan, with connection to the game as early as 1955, I've got to say this --- The Team did not Suck ! -- nor does the league, and the Team did not fold because NO ONE went to the games, as you note.

The ECHL is Pro hockey ! --- Faster ! Quicker ! Harder Shots ! Harder Body checks ! -- & Controlled emotion !!! ------ Junior hockey, as good as it can be, cannot compare, nor is it meant to compare to the higher quality professional game.

The only reason that the Salmon Kings were shelved ( notice that RG still owns the Team ), is that RG chose NOT to market and promote the Team. ---- They never did want a Payroll or associated costs !! They were forced to go the Pro route because their contract with the City required a 'Main Tenant' , and the dormant ECHL franchise was their only out.

If Mr. Lee, Mr. Dakers, and their RG associates would have promoted the Team, both on and off the ice, as a 'Community Team', with proper Tier seat pricing, more affordable Corporate promotion, and with more concern to the Paying Fan, the Salmon Kings could have easily drawn in 6000 plus every game.

I do hope that RG has learned their lesson in Team management/ownership in a Municipal format, and that they operate the Team as is necessary to become successful.

I do know that they will meet with success in years 1 & 2, but I hesitate to say, that UNLESS they (RG) operate the Team totally differently, that years three on with meet with slumping attendance and decreased interest.

Its just too bad that RG has chosen to operate the Team themselves. A local business Group of knowledgeable Hockey people is really is what is required to carry the interest and success onto the level that YOU would like to say.

And talk about skf changing his 'handle' at you quote, you're really not one to talk !!-- It really seems to me that YOU are a real 'Royal FLUSH' --- Swoosh !!-- Down the Drain you go !!

Quote Originally Posted by the Royal Flush View Post
    hey salmonkingsforever...the team sucked,so did the league...they folded because no one went...end of story...change your handle and get with the times...this is real hockey...not some washed up mens beer league without the beer...
    Well said